Where do I begin with this child?? For those of you that know Maddox, you can agree that there really is no way to explain this child. I've said before that he is just "unique!"
That is the nicest way to say it. I'm sure I must sound like an absolute awful mother, but I do love this little boy! You can't take one look at his little face and not love him. And I have to say, it's a dang good thing the Lord made him SO adorable because that little stinker can push my buttons and drive me over the edge like no other!Let me just share a few things about Maddox....
1. He walked at 9 months.
2. He climbed on our roof (several times) at 18 months.

3. He is the most stubborn human being I have ever met!! He can not be bribed, threatened, tortured, persuaded, or loved into doing anything he doesn't want to. Just a hint, I was finally induced with him 10 days after his due date!! He is my 9-12er!
4. He finds a way to get what he wants! If we have hidden something on top of the cabinets in the kitchen, he can reach it with out a problem. If there is something no one else can find, Maddox finds it.

5. If something is broken in the house, Maddox broke it!
6. When there is a half used toilet paper role in the trash, Maddox trashed it!
7. If the toilet is clogged, Maddox clogged it!
8. He never has liked his hands dirty. Sometimes he has to wash them between bites!

9. He was doing the dishes by 4 and making his bed at 3.

10. All the trash stuffed in our couches was put there by Maddox.
11. All the borders pulled off in the bedrooms, courtesy Maddox.
12. All the chips in the wall would be from Maddox throwing blocks at them!
13. The nice big hole in Mason's bedroom! That would be Maddox too.
14. All superhero costumes in our house are put on at least 4 times a week. Sometimes they are placed under clothing and worn out for the day.

I know, I'm going on and on about his crazy side! Believe it or not, most of the time we are just laughing at him. The other day we were coming out of preschool and he tripped coming down a dirt hill. Most kids probably would have cried going at that speed but not Maddox. He did a little tuck and roll thing, popped up, and kept right on running! He is just...CRAZY! He is extremely athletic and really not afraid of anything. He will climb just about EVERYTHING in his path!

But what really makes this kid great, is his completely lovable side. He loves to be loved! Cuddle the crap out of him and he is one happy little boy! And really, isn't that all a mother ever wants?? Just to know you are appreciated after all you put up with? I just love this little boy! He melts your heart in a stinker sort of way.
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY MADDOX!!! We love you!
18 comments:
Tell him happy birthday from us!!! I don't remember if I mailed him a card or not!!
What a beautiful boy Liz
HOW CUTE! Happy birthday cutie!
Oh, those pictures of him are SO cute! I remember when he was around 1, at Coral Pink, he let me hold him like a baby and rock him to sleep. He is super cuddly, and it is heart warming. :) What am I going to do tomorrow?? I'm gonna have to get up and out early. Chocolate donuts from Krispy Kremes, right?? Hope you don't mind if we do a little b-day celebration at my house?
happy birthday Maddox!
He was such a beautiful baby. . . and now he is such a handsome little boy! Looking at his sweet face, I would have never thought he was so mischevious! Happy Birthday Maddox!
Happy Birthday Maddox! What a cutie. I just don't believe any of those things about him, except maybe that he loves to be cuddled!
He and Grace must have been cut from the same batch!! I would love to chat with you about some interesting things that I have recently discovered about Grace and noticed you mentioned some similar things about Maddox!! He is so cute and really that is what saves Grace 99% of the time is her cute little face!! :) It must have been a plot from the beginning, Make the "stinkers" so dang cute you can't stay mad!!
What a cute post! He sounds like SO much fun! Tough for you sometimes I'm sure, but still, just SOOOO cute! He is so handsome! Tell him Happy Birthday for us!!!
Oh and also, I told Daniel about the co-ed softball deal and he just laughed at me..because I am SO lame at catching. Seriously! I have never felt so uncoordinated! Everytime we play baseball or basketball I, for some lame reason, always try to trap it like a soccer ball rather than catch it! UGH! Anyways,I'm seriously going to look into a co-ed soccer league so I don't embarass myself too much :)
Little Maddox did all that? No...there's no way. Not the sweet little perfect child from my preschool class. I can't ever imagine! He's such a handsome boy. Happy birthday Maddox!
I can't believe he is that old. What a fun little boy. Happy Birthdat Maddox.
Yea! Happy BIrthday!
Happy Birthday Maddox! You described him perfectly. He is like Brayden you just can't help but love him. You know I will give that kid whatever he wants just because he looks so cute and I love the way he says my name!
He has such an irresistible face! He sounds like he is full of life :)
Hey Liz- can you try again to comment on my blog- its really ticking me off, i can't figure out how to make it work.
Definitely be grateful that he loves to be cuddled because Will has never let me cuddle him...even when he was one day old! I totally long for that. Maybe my next child will be a huge cuddler :) What a cutie that little Maddox is. I still can't believe the climbing on the roof story at 18mo. I always tell people that story! I hope he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Maddox!!! He is so cute I love seeing all those adorable pics.
Love his pictures, Love the one with the licorice and those big blue eyes.
Post a Comment