Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Am I Alone?

This time of year always makes me happy. I know, it probably makes a lot of you happy. How can it not? Not only do you get to enjoy such wonderful weather, but your kids spend all their free time OUTSIDE! YAY!! Of course this is cause to celebrate! But still, this is not why I find myself feeling so happy.

1 I am happy because Coral Pink is less than a month away. For those of you that do not know what this means... 4 days of NON STOP FOUR WHEELING!! Favorite. Hobby. Ever!!

2 I am happy because our coed softball season is starting up in less than a month. Lately, when we have had spare time, Jess has been taking Mason and I out to practice. I can't believe how much I love this. I only started about 6 months ago. Doesn't it suck when you realize you totally enjoy something and you've missed out on it all these years?? Do you have anything like that? (Okay, Mason is on the Dodgers this year. I am still slacking on the picture taking at his games. This picture wasn't even taken at a game.)

3 I am happy because I no longer freeze when I am running, but I have not yet been forced in doors. Although, I have been a little bummed lately because my knee really hurts when I run long. I had to miss my half this last Saturday. :-( I did start physical therapy though and it turns out that my foot radius isn't great for a runner AND I have week hip muscles. Both of these cause my knee to get the pain as it is the mid point between the two.

Now, I do realize that the three things that make me the happiest right now are all very active. I always feel like I don't fit in with other women when it comes to what gets me excited. If I have the choice between getting out there and playing sports or sitting back and doing well, pretty much anything else. It will be the sports every time. Am I really that alone in this?? There has to be others of you out there. And if there is, I would really like to hook up. Especially those of you that like soccer. I have been really missing it since the only rec leagues play on Sundays. Jerks! But anyway, do keep it mind, I don't claim to be great at any of these. I just LOVE them!! :-)

Okay wow, this post became a little longer than I expected. Sorry!

19 comments:

andrea. said...

i love the outdoors too!! i am not a runner and i don't have a fourwheeler but i do LOVE camping, hiking, fishing, biking...the list could go on forever. enjoy this time of year, it's the BEST!!

Melissa said...

Well, you are not alone. But I can see why you would feel that way. Seems like being a Mother takes some of the active out of a chic. I'm glad that you've found your active happy. There's nothing like getting your body back into shape and being competitive. I love it! The more competitive sports the better.

Jessi McCall said...

Oh my sister from another Mr.!! You KNOW I'm with ya 100% on this one. I too LOVE being active and LOVE this time of year. I'm also looking forward to softball!!
Oh and don't be modest, you are great at all sports, and for those of you out there who don't know...
LIZ RIDES A 4-WHEELER LIKE A MAN!!!! Seriously, how many girls can really keep up with the big boys? You and Debbie are the only girls I know that are crazy/talented enough!!
That's why that picture is SOOOO perfect. :)

aubri said...

Oh how fun!!! I used to go 4-wheeling all the time with my friend when I lived in Cali and it was always a blast! I'm with you on the soccer though! I will have to try to keep an eye out for it! You do the funnest things ever- I know I always say that but you DO! Perhaps I'm just really jealous!

Anonymous said...

If only we lived closer to each other! I would be playing outside all day long with you!

Marylin said...

Well I do enjoy sports, however I am not so great at them. I never played soccer except in PE in High School but I played Volleyball, basketball & softball with church and always had fun! My sister lost her two front teeth from four wheeling so while I have been on them I prefer snow mobiles or ski doos if I have the choice. I will say though that I haven't done much sporting around in recent years. I love that you still are in there doing it all, good for you!! :)

Mer said...

I used to Love to be active and competitive in whatever I was doing. Now that I am a mom and not in shape oh and also 4 months prego!! I find my excitement to just take a bubble bath once in a while. Don't worry after this last baby comes Randy has promised me boot camp until I get my body back then we can have lots of fun! I don't know about soccer it will have to be another sport.

Mason clan 5 said...

Awww how I miss those days I feel like suck a bump on a log. I used to be one of the boys in sport and anything competive. But being a mom has really slowed me down. You are a graet inspration to me and after I have this bay I will be training for a triathon. You go girl. You start the soccer league in vegas and I will start it in Phoenix and we can have compitions. Sounds good to me.

Alisa said...

I LOVE sports and i would love to start being on Coed leagues but who would watch my 3 kids? Yeah that's a problem. Hopefully once they get older Luke and I can start doing some fun sports together. Oh and we aren't 4wheeler people. I do like running but im not in love with it. Sorry!! I still love you though!!

Kellie and Stephen said...

I do love being outdoors right now the weather is perfect. I agree with you about loving the four-wheeling and Coral Pink, but not the whole softball thing, or the running. I think this summer you should make it out to the lake with us - I know you'd love it!

Lindsey said...

Incase you haven't noticed, I am not exactly coordinated! I would love to like sports, but they are not fun when you SUCK! But if you ever want to play Scrabble or go to lunch, I'm your girl!

Laura H said...

AAAHHH four wheeling. I remember those days.........

Amanda said...

I am with you, I would rather play sports or do something active ANY DAY! I am happy when I am training for something.
Hope your knee feels better.

ABBOTTLAND said...

I agree this time of year is the best, because we can enjoy the outdoors before the dreadful heat comes. It has only really been since I've had a goal to get in shape that I am excited to do more active things outside. You motivate me girl! I think it's great that you and Jess play together on a softball team. I'm sure a lot of husbands would love their wives to be so athletic. No, you're not alone :)

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

I am totally with you Liz!! I love all sports too and anything physical! LOVE softball, tennis, volleyball, paintballing, mountain biking... I am pretty much up for anything like that. I haven't played soccer since high school, but would love to try again. Jason and I have been wanting to get on a softball league together, but just haven't made the time. Hopefully we can soon though. See ya at bunco next week.

Christa said...

Hey Liz- I had to change my page private for security issues, so if you can't go on, please email me so I can add your name on the safe list bellwinans@msn.com

Q is for the Quince's said...

Hi it's Adriana!!! Hope you don't mind I am leaving a comment! Your blog was so great! You are so talented :) and your right the weather is fantastic... ps... I think Jessi is dragging me into a marathon ( so maybe one day) when I can keep up with you guys we can all run together! I feel like I know you because jessi always talks about you :) all good!!!

Cyndi said...

Hey I love this post. I kinda forgot that you played soccer. Anywho... about your knee. I have gotten into these essential oils lately and since I have been trying to be more physical and active my knee of course has to start acting up. Most of the time it doesn't bother me too much but I found that if I use peppermint oil on them that it helps so much. It's a lot like Icy Hot but so much better. The cost is a little bit much but it lasts a long time and has so many more uses than just for aches. The stuff that I use is from a company called Young Living. It's COMPLETELY NATURAL!!!! I am really picky abut the stuff I have around the house because of my allergies but everything Young Living makes can be ingested orally and won't harm you. Anyway Diane Earl can order you some. I sell it too but I am sure it would be easier for you in Vegas to get it from her. You can get it from a natural health store too but I am telling you that it won't be the same. So much of that stuff claims to be natural but it really is just the by product or the left over stuff that is not as high quality. A lot of times too it is just a synthetic they substitute it for. (Sorry, I've just really researched it out)Well this is probably the longest comment I have ever made! Love ya girl! Oh by the way Anita told me she ran into you at the temple and had no idea who you were at first! HEEhee how we change i guess!

Cindy said...

Quad riding is my favorite! We bought quads for us and for the kids. It didn't work out so well. They complained, complained, and complained the whole time. Then someone stole three of our quads from the side yard. We recovered them, but they were thrashed and unridable! So our fun hobby will be postponed until David gets around five years old and Madison can stay home and complain with all of the other girls. As for softball I would love to try it if it wasn't Israel's schedual. One of these days.