Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girls Trip 2009

I have to say that I am so incredibly blessed in the friendship area! I know I have written about these girls before but I just LOVE them. I have a group of friends that I have been close to my entire life. We have memories of dressing up, playing pranks, fighting, ditching, toilet papering, funerals, divorce, breakups, weddings, babies.... the list goes on forever! These girls are not just friends to me, they are sisters. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them and there isn't anything I know they wouldn't do for me. At this point in our lives, we have realized that we have a bond that can't be broken. I am truly blessed to have them!!

We had another annual girls trip this last weekend. I think it was our 4Th?? This time we met up in St. George, UT. It was Dawn's turn to plan and she did a great job! We went swimming, played games, ate very well, and stayed up talking until we just couldn't move our lips anymore. I am still feeling the effects of it all today!

Posted by Picasa
We had a total of 9 girls this trip! Jacque, Dawn, Jenny, Katie, Emily, Alexis, Mitra, Rebecca, and me. Also, I can't forget Katie's 6 week old little girl, Manaia. (sp?)

Posted by Picasa
Now, I'm not sure if I am going to get in trouble for this part. I think we said it was okay to post the picture??? Anyway, one of our oldest memories together is how we always used to dress up. We would find whatever was in our house, dress up like idiots, and then go out to see how many people we could get to look at us. Very fun!
So Dawn, being the awesome girl that she is, decided that we should dress up on this trip. Then, someone else decided we should have a theme. Then, someone else decided we should do a music video. You see how we just work together... :-)
I don't think anyone thought we would really go through with it, but at 2:00 am Sunday morning, we got a second wind and decided we couldn't go home without making it happen. Now, we are all in possession of our very own video of Beyonce's Single Ladies!! :-) Yeah, I know. We are so cool! hahaha.... Anyway, here is a picture of our awesome closet costumes! The video, I am sad to say, has to stay under lock and key. :-(

17 comments:

Marylin Kelley said...

I think I told you this about your last post with these girls how lucky you are!! I have great friends too but I never get to see all of them together! What a fun time you girls have!! Oh and love those outfits, you should think about wearing that to church sometime!! :)

Jessi McCall said...

I LOOOOVE the outfits! Ya'll are WAY hotter than Beyonce! I also appreciate the "west side" gangster sign that jackie's throwing up with her hand!! haha too funny!
I vote for the video to be "unlocked". PLEASE?? You and your friends are so much fun! I bet you all had a blast! Friends from back in the day are the best kind!!

Christa said...

OMG, all my goody goody friends from HS... all grown up- being silly dorks- I LOVE IT!!! :)
that is hilarious, I agree with Jessi- let us see the video- but, warn me first so I can put on a diaper because I'm SURE I will pee myself. It is crazy to see you all. Ok- so I need the breakdown, marriages, kids, pregnancies??? spill it Liz!!!

Annie said...

Sorry I missed it!! I am going to be down there this weekend so I guess I am just a week late. Dang, maybe next time. I totally love the outfits you guys look hot.

andrea. said...

looks like so much fun!! how great to have such close friends!

ps. your outfit rocks!!

Elizabeth J. said...

How fun! You girls ARE lucky. Oh man if only I was one year older...and ten times cooler...maybe I would have made it in your crew.

It's great to see pictures of all you girls! I can't get Beyonce out of my head now!!!

Lindsey said...

What a good idea to do a girls trip. I still talk to all my girlfriends from high school, but the best we do is meet at McDonalds with the kids! It looks like you had tons of fun. Did you seriously all have those outfits at home? I would have had to go shopping!

Felicia said...

Aren't girls weekends the best!? How fun. You are lucky to have friends like that. Looked like a blast!

Bradley Clan said...

Sexy moma!!! You girls are HOT!! I love girl trips.

ABBOTTLAND said...

Are you sure you don't want to share the video? You girls are hot, love your tights. It's so important to get away with your girls, we all need a break from the hubby and kids now and again.

Rebecca Forbush said...

I'm so glad I made it on your blog in Jacque's maternity swimsuit top! Hahahaha! That trip was so much fun and much needed!

Amanda said...

All of you girls are still HOT! Yuu are rockin' those outfits. That picture made me laugh - I can totally see you guys doing that :) It was fun to see pictures of all your friends - I think it is awesome that you are still so close.
I am voting for the release of the music video too.

Alisa said...

It looks like you girls had so much fun! That picture totally looks like something we would have done back in the day. I just don't have the body for it now. But you do!! hottie!!

Dawn + Ryan said...

I love that you dangled the carrot and now everyone is dying to see the video. Don't worry everyone, you're not missing out. You already know how big of dorks we are, the video just solidifies that. Liz, I am truly blessed to call you one of my very BEST friends!! I can't believe how lucky I am to know you all. My sisters. I love you!

Jacquelynn said...

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

And the avocados just don't give the same affect as the cantaloupes.

Emily B said...

Sexy mamas! I love the MIA outfit. You guys are so cute. I'm glad you still get together.

Dawn + Ryan said...

Ok, I am so glad someone got the MIA reference. Good job Em!