Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A New Love

On Saturday, Jess and I were able to attend a civil marriage in the temple. Most of you probably didn't know they were even able to do these there. You would think the feeling might not be the same as a sealing but I have to say, I have never been to a wedding in which I have felt the spirit more strongly.

I don't know if you remember, but last August, Jess lost his Aunt Val in a plane crash. There were ten people in all that lost their lives that day. They were a small medical staff that were flying to little towns to offer care. Also on the plane was a Dr. Ellsworth and his son that were close friends with Jess' Aunt Val and Uncle Mark. They were so close that Mark hurt as much for Lynann, the doctors wife, as he did for himself. As they mourned together, they were able to find an enormous amount of comfort in each other.

This past weekend, Mark and Lynann were married in a civil ceremony at the Las Vegas Temple. Between the joy of them finding happiness again, the memories of those lost, and the peace brought on by ALL the loved ones in the room, the day was very memorable for all of us. It was so nice to see Mark smile again and to know that he is finally receiving some light in this dark tunnel he has been in. Because of their unique situation, they are both still able to mourn the one they lost, keeping them close to their hearts, while they pick up and move forward with the new found love they have. The whole thing was beautiful and we are so happy for both of them. We can't wait to get to know Lynann and her family better. :-)

Lynann & Mark - May 23, 2009

13 comments:

aubri said...

That's REALLY neat. How awesome for them to be able to be with eachother and comfort and keep eachother company during a time like that. You are so sweet and worded everything PERFECTLY.

Candi and Skeet said...

I am so happy for them too! They both deserve to be happy and to have someone who really understands where you have been and what you are going through is truly a gift!

Jessi McCall said...

WOW, what a great post!! I am SO happy they have both found one another. Awesome!!

Nicole said...

That is so great. I hope that they can be happy together for a long time!

Lindsey said...

What a neat story! They do look happy.

Ronda said...

I remember that crash, I didn't know Jess' aunt was in it. That is amazing they were able to move on with eachother.

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

What an amazing story!! They look very happy together!

Amanda said...

That is such a sweet love story! That is awesome that they found love. What a great post :)

Carrie said...

I read this post yesterday and I've thought about it all day today. Such a neat and touching story!

Emily B said...

I heard that they didn't do civil marriages at the Temple anymore. I'm glad to hear that they still do. What a special thing for those two.

The Clarkes said...

That is truely awesome. IT amazing to see how these things pan out.
and My co-workers niece was in that plane as well. Small world.

The Schexnayders said...

Im Jess's cousin (Candi's Sister). Thanks for creating a post about this. Im in Philadelphia and couldnt attend but Im so happy to hear that the spirit was there and that Mark is happy. He is a good man and deserves to be happy. This picture is the first I have seen of his new bride and I cant help but say that she reminds me of Val.

I think Val would be happy they have found a life companion with each other.

ABBOTTLAND said...

What a happy ending to such a tragedy. It's amazing how some people are brought together. They look so happy.
~Mandy