Monday, November 23, 2009

Potty Training for Disneyland

About three months ago my sister Brenda told Claire that she would take her to Disneyland if Claire learned how to go on the potty like a big girl. Apparently, bribes only work when they are not coming from the mother. I couldn't believe how she went right to work. That very day she told me she wanted to start wearing panties. There were accidents here and there but for the most part, she had it down! Now she is fully potty trained and waking up in the morning dry. She will even wake herself up at night to use the bathroom. I am really so impressed with her.

Well, my sister kept up her end of the deal! They went to Disneyland on October 29Th AND the 30Th! I was so sad and jealous. :-( But my little girl really earned it. I couldn't take that away from her. It was all she talked about for two months. Anyway, my two stipulations were that she had to take LOTS of pictures and HAD to be home for Halloween. Now I realize that this post is a little late, BUT some UN-named person lost the picture CD. Whoops! :-)

I thought these pictures would be best for the blog book. She took well over 200 pictures. I think she held up her end of the deal. :-) But I had to post all the ones of the two of them together. Claire LOVES her Aunt Brenda! Who wouldn't? She spoiled her rotten!
 
Posted by Picasa

Claire had the best time. Her FAVORITE part of the trip was, of course, the characters. Now, when ever anyone gives her any attention, she holds up her finger and says, "I saw Mickey, and Minnie, Snow White, and Cinderella! And Goofy loves me. He gave me a big hug!" She doesn't care who it is. It's happened at church, the grocery store, and everyday when ever anyone comes to the door. It's almost been a month and it is still on her mind. She really had a wonderful time. Thank you Aunt Brenda!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Nicole said...

She is such a little doll. Looks like she had a good time. Glad you survived!

Lindsey said...

What a nice sister! I would have been a little bit jealous too, Disneyland is so fun!

Brenda said...

You picked good pictures!!! ha ha I'm ready to go back!!!! Emily is trying to get a group to go over New Years!!!! Yay Disneyland!!!! She was so much fun!!!! I forgot my password. oh well.

Candi and Skeet said...

So cute!! I will remember the Disneyland bribe if I ever get the chance to potty train! ;)

Mer said...

I love that girl! What a great aunt to take her and what a fun memmory. I love all the pictures they took. ADORABLE!

Annie said...

I want an aunt like that!!! That was so cute and I love that claire is so stubborn OR smart to wait for the right bribe.

aubri said...

How fun for Claire! Your sister is soooo sweet for doing that! AND that's so awesome that she's completely potty trained! Woo hoo!! She is just so adorable.

Mandy said...

So cute! I love that girl! Way to go Claire!