Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I have to say, I don't really love Thanksgiving. It's never been my holiday. I feel like there are so many times during the year when you sit down for a wonderful meal with the family. What I DO love about Thanksgiving is the four straight days I get to be with my family. This is the only 4 day weekend Jess gets during the year and THAT is why I love this holiday!

Anyway, this year was my family's turn. My mom has started doing a big Thanksgiving dinner a couple weeks before the actual holiday so that she can have us all there. So when the actual day comes, she really doesn't have anything planned. I have really been wanting to spend some time with my sister Debbie and her family. They moved to Arizona about three years ago and we just don't get to see them enough. SO, I invited myself for Thanksgiving!! Instead of staying at their home in Arizona, they invited us to stay with them at their place in Rocky Point, Mexico.

I know, it's not really Thanksgiving tradition or weather but we definitely had an amazing holiday and a wonderful time. It was so much fun watching my nieces and nephew play with my kids. I loved that Debbie and Jon were able to get to know my kids personalities better and that I was also able to get to know their kids better.
Posted by Picasa

We spent almost the entire trip in the sun and water. My kids absolutely LOVED the ocean! On our last day there, we had some pretty big waves and the kids were able to chase them out and then run from them. One of them took Maddox out pretty good. It was hilarious!
Posted by Picasa

We attempted to build several sand castles, buried lots of feet, and dug many holes. Maddox came home with a gallon size bag of sea shells. Debbie, Conner, and I also took some jet skis out for a little while on Friday. I loved it! I don't think I would mind investing in some of those. :-)

Jon also took the kids to what they call the "Dirt Mart." The boys loved it! They both came back with a sling shot and a top with their name engraved.
Posted by Picasa

We saw many shrimping boats out every day because it is their shrimping season. Jon went to town to buy some on Saturday. I can't believe how good they were! I have never been able to get Jess to try shrimp that wasn't battered and deep fried. These were so fresh that there was no fishy taste. Jess even ate several of them. They were so good!!
Posted by Picasa

I forgot to mention that poor Jess was on crutches the entire time. I was surprised to see him hoof it to the beach on two occasions. He was a real trooper. He really loved the trip, despite his handy cap!


Thank you so much Debbie and Jon! We had a wonderful time and will remember this Thanksgiving for a long time! We love you guys!!

12 comments:

familiesarepriceless said...

How stinken fun can I go?!?!?! Looks like a blast. Love ya

Laura H said...

Thanksgiving at the beach?? Sweet!

Nicole said...

That looks like the funnest Thanksgiving ever! I totally get not being crazy over Thanksgiving. Tons of work for one meal and then it's tons of dishes and football on tv. But the beach, that is great!

Jessi McCall said...

that beats my black friday shopping at wal-mart. ;) I love all the pics. You girls are killing me looking that great in bathing suit in mid-winter!! Sorry poor Jess was on crutches!

Lindsey said...

How fun! And it was still warm enough there to get in the water?

Candi and Skeet said...

It looks like so much fun! I am glad you all had a good time! Skeet and I spent Thanksgiving in Mexico once and I would love to do it again!!

Jen said...

that looks like so much fun! I want to go!!!! :)

Marylin said...

Oh that sounds like an AWESOME Thanksgiving to me!!! So glad you guys had a great vacation and you were able to spend time with family too!! :)

Marylin said...

Ok small world alert! As I was leaving a comment I noticed that the comment up two from mine is from a women named Candi, well my good friend Mari, who is Jess's cousin wrote her a song called Avery for her baby that they lost. I was in the recording studio with her when she did some of the final touch ups!!

Marylin said...

Oh that is interesting! No my friend Mari her maiden name was Prisbrey but now is Burgess and she lives in Cedar. Such a small small world!! So we really need to figure out what day we are gonna get together when I come to Vegas!! :)

Emily B said...

How funny. We spent Thanksgiving in Rocky Point two years ago. My brother's wife has a sister who used to live there. I loved it. I'm glad you guys got to spend some time with your sister in such a great place.

aubri said...

Okay, now that just looks like the dream Thanksgiving to me...family and the beach?? LUCKY!!! How fun though!