Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Climbing Has Started!

Today is a day for the journals! Claire has gradually been getting better at her climbing. You know, the couch, the stairs. Today she climbed onto the toilet, then from the toilet on to the counter, and then figured out how to turn on the sink and filled it almost to the top before I caught her. Very nice! Still, I knew she was getting better at climbing. Then naptime came. First I tried the bottle but she would not go to sleep. I needed her to take her nap at the right time because yesterday she fought it, fell asleep too close to bed time, and then kept me up until midnight. So anyway, I put her in her crib to let her cry it out and then went in to do the dishes. A couple minutes later it sounded quiet so I went back to see if she was crying. She was, but just a little. Then the crying started sounding closer and I thought, "what the heck?" So I headed back to her door and the handle started to wiggle. YES, you guessed it!! Somehow my tiny little 16 month old baby made it out of her crib! Don't ask me how. I thought,"oh crap, maybe she fell." But, no bruises and when I picked her up she immediately stopped crying and just went, "humm" in her sweet little voice. UGH! Gotta love their personalities.

1 comment:

Laura & Paul said...

I am so glad you found me. I actually found you the other day but I Didn't have time to leave a comment. I am in town right now. Call my parents house and maybe we can get together.