Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July 2009

We spent the 4Th of July in Tropic, Utah this year while we celebrated the Clark/Engle Family Reunion. There is nothing like a small town when it comes to Independence Day. The parade consisted of LOTS of little kids on decorated bikes throwing candy to the adults. Then there were about three four wheelers with trailers and kids piled in. Our kids rode in one of them. I think they really liked being in the parade. Afterwards, there were kid races, a dunker, jumper slides, clogging, lots of yummy food, and a live band.

After the town celebrations, we headed back to the family reunion where we rode four wheelers, played water balloon games, played PIGGY (a game my father in law loves), played rock band, and put on our own little fire works display. The day couldn't have been better spent. Our only desire is to be with family lately and the more of it we can get, the better we feel. It was good to get away! :-D

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I know Tropic! If you keep going along the same road..hit Henriville....keep going...then you hit Escalante! That's where my grandparents live. I love small towns in Utah for summer holidays. I am glad to see everyone out and smiling. That is great.

familiesarepriceless said...

Looks like you all had a blast!! Can I go next time? Thanks for the sweet text message. You are truly an amazing lady. I love ya and your family is so photogenic.

Lindsey said...

I loved the slide show, you are so good to take so many pictures. I agree with Nicole, there is nothing like small town Utah for the 4th!

Bradley Clan said...

Looks fun! I love the pictures of the boys on the slides. And of course Claire is so dang cute. You guys have a good lokking family!

Jessi McCall said...

I agree, cute family! I love all the pics!! Looks like you had fun, and you all totally deserve some fun. I'm sorry we had to pass on the invite...I hate missing out on a trip to Utah w/ one of our fav fams. :) We are long overdue for some good hang out/game playing time.

Lindsey said...

My grandma is 82 and he is 55! Yikes!

Mer said...

You are very good to take all those pictures!! I was so glad to see Jill and Kelly in some of them as well. I am glad you had a good time I bet it was nice to get away.

Kellie and Stephen said...

I'm glad you found some fun stuff to do in Tropic, I know there's not too much there! We missed your cute family at the park in Cedar, Ryker would have loved to play with Claire there.

Alisa said...

No we don't have Family in Beaver, we just drove through on our way home.

Love all the pictures! You look gorgeous as always!

Marylin said...

So glad you had time with family for the 4th! It helps to be with them during hard times! Thinking of you and miss you!!