Then on Saturday morning, we woke up early and headed to Beaver for the Worthen family reunion. That would be my mom's side of the family. There were several hundred of us, I think?? It was my mom's siblings and all of their kids/grand kids/great grand kids. It was a lot of fun! As you can tell from the pictures, we were all color coded to our families. Gotta love the family reunion style! :-)
Nothing like a bunch of fair haired, blue eyed people in YELLOW!
After breakfast we had a little Olympic games going on. It was each color against the others. The losers have to plan the next family reunion. So you can imagine how determined we were to win. This first cluster of pictures have the hula hooping and four legged potato sack races. We bombed on the hula hooping but we won the sack races. I have a feeling we cheated on those though??
The first row of pictures are of the plank board races. We won this one fair and square! :-) The next one is the truck pull. We took third, but in our defense, we had a girl and two young boys. So, I don't think that's half bad. It was scary when the first team went though because one of my cousins fell and the truck hit his back before they could stop it.
These are just some other random pictures from fear factor, the grandma and grandpa relay, and the mass chaos going on. It was definitely one of the funnest reunions we have been to. My cousins did a great job planning it.
You will notice the lovely overalls being worn through out the pictures. They were my grandpa's and we got to wear them when our team was winning. So cute! And then of course there was an awards ceremony with medals and everything. My Aunt that is holding the flowers took the entire competition. I do believe it was her family that planned it though. I'm just sayin', you know!!?? hahaha.. It was great fun!
On Sunday before we headed home, we visited Jess' grandparents and then stopped at his Uncle Kendall's ranch to visit his dad who has been working there. We had stopped there last weekend too and all Claire talked about the entire week was getting back there to ride his horses. They have so many animals and she loved every minute of it. She is definitely a little country girl. Mason got to ride the horse too and did really well.
Kendall took a few minutes to show Mason how to guide the horse and then he took off on his own. I would have been totally scared. He was a natural though. I took a little video of it.


15 comments:
How Fun Liz!!! Please talk your brother into renting his place out it looks huge and room for lots of fun!!
Okay that is A LOT of people. It looks like like fun though. You guy have had a crazy summer. Anything to get out of this heat right?
I need more relatives!! You guys always have the best events, and how great that so many people are willing to put the work into these things to make them so much fun!! Love the horse riding, it reminds me of when I was little! :) Miss you!
Looks like a blast! You guys have tons of family things going on and you are always so good at taking pics. I NEVER remember!
Nothing says family reunion like color coded Happiness is T-shirts!
How fun. My parents just got rid of their last horse. It's okay with me cuz I was always a nervous wreck watching the kids ride! Bachelorette tonight if you watch, your going to get converted!
How fun and do you know all those family member names. Holly cow. How fun looks like a realy blast!
Sounds like you had alot of fu. You have an enormous family! Lot's of love to share:0)Hey I wanted to let you know your family is invited to Kylie's baptism on Saturday the 18th @ 4:00 at the Palo Verde Chapel.
Holy cow! I thought I had a big family! That does look like a ton of fun, we might need to steal some ideas for our up coming reunion!
1. I see why you overload on the hairspray, because your hair STILL looked great when you got to Utah!! LOL ;)
2. LOVE the pics of the reunion. I can see that the desire to win runs in your family.(Brenda, you, and Mary in the sac race) The yellow looked cute too!!
3. Is my little Mason REALLY big enough to ride a horse?? He was the first Prisbrey to steal my heart ya know! I'm sad to see him SO big!
Liz,
You got so many fun pictures! I didn't get to see the truck pull, or get photos of it, so it was fun to see.
Hope it won't be two years before I see you again!
Keri
How fun.... so my question is will you guys be planning the next reunion???
Glad you had a great time with family!
hey ps... since you want to get to Cedar and we want to be back in Vegas- you wanna switch houses??? just thought I'd ask ;)
looks like there was a ton of family there, and a lot of fun games! I love all the pictures you took in those awesome reunion shirts. Mason looks soo grown up riding that horse all by himself!
Mason is so lucky to get to ride a horse. I can never ride a horse because of my back. I guess they say it is really hard on your back. So way to go Mason!
You got some great pictures at the reunion!! (I also did a good job a taking some too). :0) Too bad we had to leave early.
Great blog.
great pictures!! looks like so much fun...i love all the yellow shirts!
When I have a family reunion it's seriously like max 20 people. IT looks like you had a blast. Great pics!
Post a Comment