Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Mason!

Mason turned 8 years old yesterday!! Every year he gets older, I find it harder and harder to believe that I have a kid this old. This year it was especially hard! Eight being a big deal for obvious reasons (baptism), Mason wanted his room re-done for his birthday. Don't get me wrong, his room DEFINITELY needed it and I was grateful to chalk his birthday up to something I would like to spend money on, but what 8 year old wants their room re-done??? My baby is getting so old!!! I would say big, but he's always been big...

Anyway, we locked him out of his room for a week and worked as fast as we could. No one procrastinates like this family! :-) Birthday morning, we finally let him in. Here is a little video clip!



Okay, so I know I have a serious problem with taking WAY too many pictures and then I ALWAYS have to post ALL of them!! I blame my dad. But I just thought I would point out that in the picture of Mason and I, I am wearing heels. AND, I am 5'6''! So I'm not on the short side either. His size never ceases to amaze me.
Posted by Picasa


HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY MASON!!!!!!! We love you!!!!!!

18 comments:

Ronda said...

Happy Birthday Mason. Love the bedroom.

Marylin said...

Happy Birthday! I remember when Lexi turned 8, it is such a huge year! What a sweet kid you have, you are such a great Mom and oh I love the stripe, very nice!! :)

Mitra said...

oooohhh! Mason is 8! I can't believe it! Please tell him Happy Birthday for me! And, is room is totally sweet (or cool, or rad, or whatever the kids say these days)... you can tell him I said that, too! :)

Mer said...

Happy Birthday Mason!! The room turned out so adorable!

Caleb and Diane said...

Happy Birthday Mason!! You can plan on your favorite Aunt and Uncle to be at your Baptism!! It is going to be such a big day and we will be there to support you all the way! We love you and already miss you!! Come back and play sometime soon!

Cav Family said...

Happy 8th birthday Mason! Liz thanks for coming to Kylies baptism she was so happy you guys were there.

Emily B said...

The room looks great, Liz. I love the stripes. I too can't believe you have an eight-year-old.

Bradley Clan said...

Great Job on the room! Happy Birthday Mason!

Jessi McCall said...

How can that be possible? 8 years since Bobby and I came over to meet your new baby! Man, we're gettin' old.
Happy Birthday to your sweet Mason! Tell him I'm going to tackle him with hugs and kisses next time I see him. ;) GREAT JOB on the room too!!

Jen said...

that totally made me cry, not sure why it just did. So sweet!!! What a sweet family, trying their best to do whats right. It is all just so sweet.

I think we have the same drapes :)

ps, sick, I think thats the word they use. I dont really like it :)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Mason! Good luck with the baptism. I am sure it will go great. Looks like a really fun room. You guys did a great job. Getting those lines straight must've been a job!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to Mason! His room turned out great!
I just read your post on your family reunion....wow that sound like so much fun! Great ideas for a big family gathering. I will have to remember some of those ideas in case we ever have to plan something for Jordan's family (he has a big family too).

Lindsey said...

Wow! I love the room. Happy Birthday Mason!

The Schexnayders said...

Wow.. Mason looks a lot like Jess. What a cutie. His bedroom turned out great! I need to start attending more family get togethers so I can finally meet you all!

andrea. said...

you have an eight year old...that's amazing!! how exciting! i love his room, great job!!

Rebecca F said...

Very cute!! Looks like a big boy's room!!! And you look beautiful in the pictures! I like your hair that length, and I your dress is pretty too!

ABBOTTLAND said...

What a handsome guy you have! He really does not look like an 8 year old. His room is awesome! So masculine and the colors really pop. Good job! He's so lucky to have such great parents in you and Jess. You must be so proud of him, getting baptized. What a great age!
~Mandy

Dawn + Ryan said...

I can't believe you have an 8-yr-old either! What did you do, get married the day after you graduated or something? :) Thanks so much for the baptism invite/announcement. I so wish we could have been there. I hope all went well yesterday. We had baptisms in our ward yesterday too that I was able to attend. It is always an amazing experience. The room looks great! I hope you got all the dents and dings out of the walls and that he is old enough now to hold back from making any more :)