Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mason's Baptism

Mason was able to baptized last Saturday, August 1st. It was such a neat experience for me as a mom. I am not a big cry er. When I do cry, I try not to do it around people. But as I felt the spirit and as I watched my little boy fully aware of and understanding the decision he was making, I couldn't help but to release some tears of joy.
For the last year I have wondered if he really understood the decision he was making. I told him that just because he was 8, it didn't mean he needed to be baptized. I told him that he needed to believe the church was true and that if he didn't know, he should wait. But every time he would say to me, "Noooo, I know it's true!! I want to be baptized!" Still, I had my doubts that an 8 year old could really comprehend. (Especially when he finds the need to torment his brother, but that's for another time.) But as I sat in his interview with the bishop and as I watched him at his baptism, listening and answering questions with full understanding, I was completely amazed and over joyed at the young man before me. My baby is growing up, both physically and mentally. It is both a sad and great feeling. But in that moment, it was very happy and I was a very proud mom.
Posted by Picasa

The baptism was wonderful. Mason was able to be baptized with his best friend Trenton, which he was really excited about. I was able to get a picture of them in their suits together but some how I missed the photo op of them in their whites.
Posted by Picasa

After the baptism we had milk and cookies and were able to just sit and visit for a bit. We were so grateful to have the family and friends there that were able to make it. It really made the experience for Mason that much more special. It is already a great memory!

15 comments:

Marylin said...

How exciting!! It seems like it was just yesterday that Lexi was baptized! Love the post and the pics! Oh and Liz you are one HOT mama!! I only dream!!! :) Miss you come visit!!

aubri said...

How awesome! What a special day for your little guy. You have the most beautiful family too :)

Mer said...

It was a great day I am glad we could share it with such great friends of ours!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! The scripture that says to turn the hearts of the parents to their children is so true. Especially on occasions like these. Their is so much to learn from our not so little ones.

Cav Family said...

Congratulations Mason! I wish we could have been there to help you celebrate.

Caleb and Diane said...

Congratulations again Mason! We are glad we got to be there for you. Caleb is really said he missed your conformation. Please don't forget he was there! :)
We love you!

Jessi McCall said...

Wish I could've been there! I have to say I LOVED your Mom's outfit. She looked super cute!
I also LOVE all the pics you take. You all looked so nice. :) I'm so glad it was a special day for him and the rest of your family. You have raised a GREAT boy. We sure do think highly of him over here at the McCall house. :)

Nicole said...

Congratulations Mason! If we would have been in town we would have loved to have been there. The way that you were explaining your feelings is just how I felt and do feel. It is a happy and sad day everytime they do something huge. They just grow so quickly!
Yes, we need to get the boys together. We have not played with friends once this summer! Call us when you get your letter. Lorna ran into a teacher and she said she had Braydon in her class. It was Robison or Robinson or something like that.

Amanda said...

Congrats to Mason! What a special day.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad I was able to be a part of it! I still can't get over that you have an 8 year old! CRAZY!!!

familiesarepriceless said...

Congrates!! Sorry we weren't there we ended up going to Utah to my cousins wedding. It was awesome my first wedding!!!!!! Anyways wish I was to see you and those cute kids of yours. Love ya

Ronda said...

congrats Mason. What a wonderful time, it will be crazy when my oldest gets baptized.

Dawn + Ryan said...

I think it's so great that you really made sure HE wanted it. I was amazed to learn in my child development classes in college that around 7-yrs old children develop critical thinking skills needed to make some bigger decisions in their lives. A coincidence? I think not. I am so glad you had that experience!

ABBOTTLAND said...

Congratulations Mason! What a special day for him. Great pics too. You and Jess looked so proud of him.
~Mandy

Annie said...

Congrats Mason!!! I can't believe that you have an 8 year old...man that just sounds wierd. Love the pics