Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Surgery/ First Day of School

Last Friday was kind of a busy day for us. It was meet the teacher day at the school AND Jess had shoulder surgery. He had to be there at 8:00 am. There, being a good 30 minutes away. Maddox was meeting his teacher at 9:30 am and Mason was meeting his teacher at 11:00 am. Thankfully my mother in law took work off so I wouldn't have to drag the kids everywhere. I ended up taking Jess and waiting with him until they took him back. Then, I came back, did the meet the teacher thing, and was back out to get him by noon. They called me back 15 minutes after I got there so I was feeling pretty good about my timing. Well, poor Jess ended up sitting back in a cubicle for two and half hours waiting to go back for surgery. Whatever! They are so lame with their scheduling.

Anyway, he is doing really well. He went back to work today but I don't think he would have been able to if he isn't working in the office right now. This one has been harder on him than his knee surgery and he has had to dip into his pain pills. He is still a great patient and doesn't really ask for much. I had to post this picture of him 'cause I think it's hilarious. You can tell how drugged up he is. :-)


Oh, the first day of school. As I was walking Mason to his line, the smell of the day was exactly how I remembered it being when I lined up for third grade. Weird. I think I am especially excited for him this year because I remember third grade being a big year for me. You finally felt like one of the big kids at the school. He was pretty excited and he had a great day. You'll notice in the pictures that Mason and Maddox both have student teachers this year. Mason's actual teacher is the one in the white shirt that is only about 2 or 3 inches taller than him. I couldn't believe it. :-)
Posted by Picasa


Maddox was just kind of like "whatever" to starting kindergarten this year. If you know him well, you know what I mean. He handled it all pretty well. He was just like, "K, see ya!" Then after school I said, "Did you like it?" He said, "yeah." I said, "Was it fun?" He said, "yeah." He just had no real emotion about it at all. The only thing is that he is in afternoon kindergarten and I think he wishes he was in morning. He is up when Mason is up and so waiting three hours to go is torture for him.
Posted by Picasa


I have a little video I took of the kindergartners saying goodbye. The video is actually for Lara, Marie, Chelsea, Carolyn, and Lindsey! :-)

10 comments:

aubri said...

Your boys are seriously just WAY too cute! They look so handsome in their school clothes :) I seriously need to meet Maddox. The more I hear about him, the more he just cracks me up!

Mason clan 5 said...

Wow that is a crazy beginning of school for you. Your boys are getting so big. I hope Jess heals quickly shoulder surgrey I think is one of the worsts.

Lindsey said...

Very cute! We can always fake a first day picture, I have my camera with me everyday!

Carrie said...

Poor Jess! Hope he's feeling better.
The video is adorable, its cool that you can hear the teacher talking to them. Very cute!

Nicole said...

That is a fun video. We got kindergarten pics last year of kids in our ward and RM ward. It'll be to watch them grow and pull out those pictures when they are in high school!

Unknown said...

What? Shoulder surgery?! Poor guy! I hope he heals quickly and relatively painlessly.

I almost get the first-day-of-school butterflies myself when I read your post. I can remember it too! I LOVE the picture of Claire and Maddox by your front door. Is Claire the biggest doll or what?! She is gorgeous, just like you!

Anonymous said...

how fun! i cant wait for logan to start school..even though i will be sad at first but i remember it being so fun at that age! and I hope jesse feels better! cute pictures!

Marylin said...

LOL! Oh my gosh Grace has been the EXACT same way!! She is also in the afternoon and I swear she asks a thousand times in the mornings "Is it time for school yet?" They do grow up so fast don't they!! :)

Amanda said...

You have been busy with back to school and your hubby's surgery! Cute pictures of your kids :)

Christa said...

so sweet.... can't believe how quick they grow up- its unreal!