Mason had his first pinewood derby a couple of weeks ago. He was very VERY excited about it! I can't say that Jess was any less excited. They both really enjoyed working on it together. He ended up getting an award for the most realistic looking car. As far as the race goes, not so good! Let's just say that we have not learned all the little tricks the other dads seem to have under their belts. Needless to say, he and Jess will definitely be thinking about more than looks next year! They are both very excited about it. By the time Maddox is in scouts, they will have it down!
For Christmas, my mom gave Jess and I a wheat grinder. When I opened it, I said, "What is it?!" Yeah, yeah, this brought a lot of laughs! I don't claim to be Suzy Homemaker. Anyway, last Sunday night, my sister in law, Carolyn, gave a few of us a little demonstration. So, with my food storage that has been in my closet for the last TEN years..... I made homemade wheat bread!! And.... it was delicious!! Even Maddox, my picky little eater, is loving it! You really can't beat homemade. I'm not trying to brag, I am really just super proud of myself!!
It's true that a little princess gets spoiled!! I would do anything for my sweet little Claire Bear. So, when Disney On Ice comes to town, we go! I was able to convince my sister Brenda to come along, since you know Jess wanted nothing to do with it! We had a great time! The best part was just watching her eyes light up. She is definitely my Disney child. The boys could have cared less that they didn't get to go. They have moved on to all the super hero movies. Claire watches all the old Disney classics. I was so shocked and happy when I realized how much she loved the movie Cinderella. There is just something about talking animals that gets to my little girl.

12 comments:
Liz, great job on the bread. It looks yummy! I love homemade wheat bread.
Pinewood derby right after Christmas vacation didn't work out too well for us. I felt bad, but we were too over whelmed. It sound like it was good though. And I can tell by your pictures that your disney on ice seats were way better than ours! And i am totally impressed with your bread!
We loved Disney on Ice too. Faith was singing and clapping along the whole time.
BTW if you ever have an overstock on homemade bread , send some this way.
Your bread looks so good. I may need your recipe. The one I've tried didn't work out too well!! I also love the Disney on Ice pictures!! Claire is such a cute little princess!!
I am always trying to have people teach me how to make bread - i have seriously been taught like 5 times. That is awesome that it turned out.
Cute pictures at the Disney on ice - Claire is adorable.
Oh the pinewood derby, man I had to be in charge of those when I was in scouts and soon enough James will be doing them!! Oh and that bread looks sooo good! Why the crud do I have to live so far from you, cause I would have come over and ate it!!
My girls love getting to go to that kind of stuff, and I also just love watching how happy it makes them!!
Looks like your bread turned out awesome! YAY!!! its ok to toot your own horn when you do a "suzy homemaker-ish thing" like bread from scratch.
Claire is a cutie- these little girls, are so spoiled! yikes, we are in trouble!!!
You've been busy busy! I am glad that you commented because it reminded me to look at your blog! I need to go put your other blog up on mine now! Macie is loving the big girl bed...thanks so much!
The bread looks yummy! glad it turned out for your first time! and logan loved disney on ice! he was so excitted!
Your bread looks so great!
I'm sorry Phoenix couldn't go along with you guys to disney on ice. It looks like fun! She's so cute. I'm glad she chose Phoenix to hang with this weekend! Thanks again for keeping her.
I'm so glad I'm no longer banished! I had a lot of catching up to do! You guys are always up to the funnest things. That homemade bread looks amazing!! Seriously, it came out perfect! And I know I'm late for this, but I really did enjoy reading your post about your brother-in-law. It was so nice and gave me even more peace about the ones that I have lost. Thanks for that :) And I'm excited to keep up with you again!
Post a Comment