Today the three of us woke up WAY too early for comfort and ran the Las Vegas Half Marathon. I could not believe how incredibly awesome it was! Some of you out there know what I am talking about, some of you will know very soon, and the rest of you, I'm sure, think the 11,255 people that ran the race are just plain CRAZY! But, I'm here to tell you that it was so much fun and anyone can do it.
This is Mitra and I before the race....
This is Mitra, Jessi, and I after the race...
And this is my great and supportive husband that let me sweat all over him!
Anyway, I was very pleased with my time as I have not been preparing for all that long. My main goal was to finish happily without having walked. But, I had so much fun that I will probably try to do another one in February to work on my time. So, if there are any takers out there, I am always looking for someone to run with.
OFFICIAL RESULTS
Chip Time 02:12:20
Overall Place 2759/11255
Gender Place 1141/5840
Pace 10:05.6
Mitra and I ran together the entire time so our results were pretty close to the same, but check up on my friend Jessi's results when she posts them because she ROCKED it! I am so proud of both of my AWESOME girlfriends! SO FUN!
P.S. Still waiting on some addresses! You know who you are! Email me at prizzfam@cox.net. :-) Thanks!
22 comments:
So even though I am on the "I think you're crazy" team, I still think you're awesome!
You are my idol! I've been planning on training for the one next year and now I'm pumped!!! Awesome job!
WOW is all I can say. You have worked HARD. Way to go girl!!! How do you even begin to train for something like that?
Congrats on a great race. That is awesome Liz! Reading your post makes me want to run a race. Wish I could have run it with your girls - that would have super fun! Next year I am in...
YAY YOU ARE AWESOME!! I just started working on running something! My sister just did a marathon this weekend! I wish we lived closer, although I don't know where you live, but I would love to have someone to run with me! I am very slow though!! Good time too!!
Congrats! I could never in a million years do that, I seriously can't run around the block.
OH you are just getting me excited for mine in January. Your time was awesome! And you still look cute after running 13.1 miles. Good job! I can't wait to hear more details.
It would have sounded crazy to me before Roger started running marathons, but hanging out at the finish line (and tearing up when you watch complete strangers pull everything they have to get across the line) is such a moving experience! Great time and congrats!!!
Good for you...I don't think I could every run that much. It was good to see you on Thanksgiving.
I just posted about this same thing. I'm SO happy we were able to do this together! YOU ARE AWESOME! Your time was great and you and Mitra look great, even after 13.1 miles. I looked like HELL! LOL. Anyway, You rocked it! I'm proud of you! Although I can't walk today, I'm already excited about the next race! :)
You are awesome! I have been thinking of training for a triathon. But lack motivation! You are a great motivation. Because then I can be skinny like you!!!!!
Okay, I am WAY impressed!! That's awesome. I really wanted to train for this but never did. Hopefully, someday I will. I really want to start running! See you at Bunco!
Congratulations Liz! Great to hear that you liked it enough to do it again. Go you!
Congrats!! That looks like so much fun, if I lived closer I would totally run with you. I need a good partner here in Boise if you are looking to move :)
You girls are so awesome!
Way to go girl. That is one of my goals someday...someday :) How awesome for you to always have that memory and satisfaction :)
You rock too!!!Great job! I wish I had your inthusiasm and stamina. You are an inspiration, and I hope to run the one in Feb. as well. Just keep me motivated by bugging me about it, haha.
you are amazing. I really don't think I could ever do that.
congratulations!! that's awesome. now i understand how you have such a great figure!! i am so impressed. if you lived close by i would force you to take me with you!
Good for you Liz! Running is not easy and it sounds like you kicked butt.
You're awesome, Liz. Good for you guys for doing a half marathon. And I love seeing pictures of Mitra. By the way, we were also in New Harmony for Thanksgiving. My parents bought a "vacation home" there that they eventually want to move to permanently. We were probably just a few minutes away from you guys.
Hi! It's Jessi's friend Adriana! I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing that you guys did this!! I don't know how you do it all!!!You girls are awesome :)
Happy Holidays!- Adriana
Post a Comment