Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!

I'm becoming a bit of a slacker in the posting area. Sorry! Hopefully the enormous amount of pictures I tend to take will make up for it. But, I do realize that I may take WAY too many for some of you. Again, sorry!

Anyway, our Thanksgiving was wonderful! We spent it with Jess' dad's side of the family in New Harmony, UT. His uncle Kendall has a ranch, I guess you would call it, there. Some of you might actually remember Kim and Ricky Trimmer. Kendall and Jan are their parents. They are Jess' cousins. Anyway, lots of fun, yummy food, great company, and rain, rain, rain.
Posted by Picasa

Later in the evening we headed to my parents place in Brianhead. It was snowing really bad and it's the first time we have had to drive it in our van. WAY scary! We had no chains either. It could have been really bad.

On Friday it was just our little family. We ate junk, watched movies, and played in the snow.
Posted by Picasa

Friday night our good friends, Bobby, Jessi, and Phoenix came up for the rest of the weekend. They are our traveling buddies. It seems like if we are out of town, most of the time they are with us. If they are not with us then they are usually on a vacation of their own.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Our girls are getting old enough that they play really well together. Phoenix tries to teach Claire about colors, numbers, and animals. Claire teaches Phoenix how to climb everything in site. They will be a great team!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

The Clarkes said...

Aww I miss Brianhead. I haven't been there in sooo long.

Julie T. said...

Playing in the snow looks like so much fun!! How do always look so put together- your hair is perfect in tevery picture!! Not fair!

aubri said...

Those pictures in the snow look like so much fun! It seems like you guys always do so many fun things together!

Jacquelynn said...

Hey Liz,

You seem to be out there in the blog world so I wanted to tell you and everyone that reads your blog about a friend of mine. Her name is Jenn and we both taught Beginning sewing at BYU our last semester there. She is doing a giveaway and I thought you would be interested and I just wanted to spread the word for her. Her blog is http://sewbabies.blogspot.com/

It was good to see you in Vegas. Sorry I didn't call in Brianhead. Our power was out because of the crazy weather so there was drama. Good luck next week with your run. Love ya!

Jessi McCall said...

thanks for having us! we had so much fun! i love all the pics in the snow and hate all the pics with me in them. yuck :( BUT, good times, I was sad to come home.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving! How fun to play in the snow - Jordan and I want to go skiing in Brianhead when we come west for Christmas...looks like it is cold enough to ski.

Lindsey said...

Looks cold! My poor kids have only seen snow 1 time, we need to get out more!

Robin said...

I love the condo! Good times! Looks way cold though. I'm not a fan of unplowed (is that a word?) snow.

Marylin said...

Now I don't think you want me to post the pics I have from your parents place in Brianghead from like 15 years ago but that would be funny!! What a great weekend you guys had!! It does look a bit cold though in those pictures!! Us Vegas kids are wimps! Glad you are back!!

Christa said...

fun fun! I'm so surprised we haven't got any snow yet. It's so weird!
Don't ever apologize for all your pics, they are always fun to see!

Anonymous said...

looks like quite the thanksgiving. loved all the pictures!! i am so jealous that you got to play in the snow! i am hoping it will snow something soon here.

Anonymous said...

You guys aren't allowed to go without me!!!! I missed out on all the fun! I'm so jealous! We need to do another Brianhead trip! I haven't been in forever and I need to go before school starts again. So when are we going? Jessi that includes you too!!!! Ha ha I remember pulling your kids up that hill! Wow that took forever! Weren't you pregnant with Claire? And you guys still need to teach to me snowboard!! See ya tomorrow!

Amanda said...

I know I already commented...but what is the program that you use to digital scrapbook? I remember you posting something about it. (I am too lazy to look in your archives)

Candi and Skeet said...

Hey! I was so excited when I found your blog! I wish we could have been there for Thanksgiving! It looks like a lot of fun! I am glad I have a way to keep in touch with you all now!