Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Potty Time

I was walking down my hall yesterday when I heard Claire say, "go potty!" The bathroom light was on and I thought, 'crap, what am I going to find?' Well, this is what I found....
She had taken off her socks, shoes, pants, and diaper. She then pulled her potty seat out of the cupboard and put it on the toilet. Somehow she was able to get up there herself without falling in. Then she did her business (a nice #2) and even wiped herself. Yeah, I was shocked! This little girl won't be 2 until mid February. What is she doing potty training herself??? All I can say is, YES! Maybe I will get lucky and I will never have to put forth any effort. Right.

My friend came over last night and saw the frames Jess made. She suggested I post another picture with someone standing next to them because she didn't realize just how big they were. Poor Mason always has to be my little guinea pig.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome she needs to come teach logan! he will be 2 in march..hopfully she keeps it up that was easy...I hope logan would do somthin glike that! lucky you!

Cyndi said...

Hooray! I love it when a plan comes together! Or rather when it happens on it's own!

Annie said...

that is Awesome!!! Shelby sits on her potty and tells me "Poop poop poop, all done mommy!" I have yet to see ANY business I would take a pee at this point.

Anonymous said...

i am so impressed. you must have trained her well!! i am hoping for something like that when i start the dreaded process.

those frames are so amazing. they are HUGE!!

Nicole said...

That would be so cool. I hope she sticks with it! Tell Jess great job. Those frames are beautiful!

Lindsey said...

When they are ready, they're ready! How nice! Never happened so easily for me! Good luck.

Marylin said...

Lexi was very easy in the whole potty training thing, she too did it all on her own and was potty trained at 18 months or something rediculous like that and then Grace humbled me and decided it would be on her time! I say Hooray for her and you, it is so nice when they decide to take care of it!! I also say that as long as they aren't wearing diapers at High School Graduation it is considered a success!! :)

Amanda said...

CUTE picture of Claire on the potty - don't you love having a camera to capture all the cute things your kids do?!

Jessi McCall said...

I hope she can teach Phoenix a thing or two about that. I'm thinking 3 might be our magic potty training age. :) I'm just too lazy to try before that! LOL

Julie T. said...

Wow! Those really are beautiful frames (and pictures). And way to go Claire! She is a smart cookie:)

aubri said...

Okay, my blog's being lame and I haven't seen that you've updated in a while so I'm sorry!

Anyways, Good job, Claire! That's so good! She is such a big-little girl! And SO cute! I seriously love love love her curly hair!

And also, I LOVE how those frames turned out! I can't believe how big they really are. Those are amazing! I bet they look so awesome in person too!

Emily B said...

Hopefully she will train herself. That would be my dream come true. I'm also waiting until William is 3. Rebecca was a nightmare! And those frames are a lot bigger than I thought. They look great.

Mer said...

Yay for Claire!! I guess it is true that girls are easier to potty train than boys.

Caleb and Diane said...

GO CLAIRE!! GOOD JOB!! Now you need to teach Daisy! :0) Also, another good job to Mason for always doing what his mom asks of him!

Mark & Marianne said...

Funny with the potty training, I haven't even started those days--maybe I'll get lucky with a kid super determined!! By the way, I love the pictures, I need to get something like that in my house!