Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Down Side....

.... to my daughter potty training herself! (Be for warned, if you can't take a little potty talk, you may not want to continue reading!)

Alright, I know. This is beginning to be WAY too much information on my daughters private time, but I just thought you should all know that I didn't get off so easy! :-)

So, Jess and I, being the great parents that we are, were playing the WII last night with the boys when I smelt something foul. :-) I turned to Claire and said, "Claire, did you poop?" She said, "Yes!" I said, "Why didn't you go in the potty?" ..... Let me just tell you that I haven't even tried to start potty training her. She just keeps telling me that she has to go so I put her on there and she does her business..... Anyway, she said, "I go potty!" I said, "No, you've already gone in your diaper, just finish up." I know, you would think I would race her to the potty if she were willing, but NO. In my defense, baseball season is starting and I've done this with one kid during baseball season. The bathrooms are too far away and WAY too dirty. I'm trying to hold onto the diapers for a couple more months. Alright, I got side tracked again.....

..... Ten minutes later, I hear Claire saying, "Ewww, ewww!" Jess and I turn around to find her in her shirt with no pants on and poop all over her bum! Yeah, oh crap is right!! :-) So, we raced into the bathroom to find a diaper on the floor filled with some of her business, the toilet had the rest of her business, and in the process of her trying to go two places... there was also business all over her potty seat, the floor, the rug, and her feet. All we could do was laugh at the determination our little girl had. But WOW, I will definitely listen to her next time!! :-)

I did think it best to spare you of a picture of this little incident. Trust me, you did NOT want to see it. Anyway, that would be the DOWN side to her taking things into her own hands! :-)

Here's a picture of the little smarty and Maddox I took this morning!

19 comments:

Jessi McCall said...

awww..I love her. She is SO smart to figure that out on her own. Maybe she can potty train P, because I SO don't handle "business" very well. LOL

Candi and Skeet said...

Your kids are adorable!!

Marylin said...

Haa haa Grace has had some moments like that! So funny! I agree with you though that sometimes it is nice to have them in Diapers when they are that little so you don't have to leave your cart in the middle of Target to run them to the bathroom!! :)

aubri said...

Man, that's awesome! Well, in a way...awesome that she's going herself, not so awesome that it got everywhere :) I've never given much thought to potty training until I keep reading blogs about it and now I'm nervous! Sounds like you got lucky though and I am totally jealous! By the way, your kids are just way too cute!

Christa said...

oh what the heck just post the pic, we all have kids right?!
j/k!
She is a smarty- hopefully Ashlyn will be so smart to help me train her.
We will have to get together sometime, it would be fun to see them play.

Anonymous said...

ha, that's so funny!! sounds like an eventful night!

Laura H said...

Liz sometimes I want to leave a comment. So I check to see and you have 16 comments already. I feel whatever i have to say would be white noise. But this post is too good to not say something. All I can say is...........
I feel your pain.

Jennifer said...

Ha Ha!! That is halorious or wutever. But she is getting so big! Last time i saw her she looked so little and now she is this big and smart little girl. She is so cute!! <3

familiesarepriceless said...

I can't believe you already have 8 comments and you just posted this post this morning. That's why sometimes I never leave a commit because there is already a ton on there. You are POPULAR!!! Anyways you are lucky to have her out of diapers very soon. That's a HUGE savings. You think you save huge on your coupons. Just wait to see how much you save not buying diapers. Anyways love you!!!

Cyndi said...

Well aside from all the talk of "business", it's such a cute little picture. I still can't believe that we have kids sometimes! Love ya girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! lol I do not looking forward to training logan..but he loves to take his diaper off! but only with pee in it so far..good luck!

Lindsey said...

The only thing you can do now is get her done potty training quick so baseball season won't be miserable. Sounds like she is ready!

Nicole said...

i don't blame you a bit for wanting to wait on the whole potty training thing. You would totally miss the whole baseball season. That picture of Claire looks just like Jill!

Mandy said...

Can I just say that I love that girl:) She is awesome!

Jen said...

I would have loved a pic :) That is to cute

Amanda said...

That is a cute story!

Ronda said...

How funny. I wish my daughter would potty train herself. She is scared of the toilet for some reason.

Erin said...

Oh we're all about the poop talk in our house these days. It sounds like Claire isn't really feelin' the whole let's-not-potty-train-till-after-baseball idea. Good luck, though, whenever you decide it's time. It's such a liberating feeling knowing you're not supporting the diaper industry anymore!!! :-)

Cindy said...

What a good girl, hahaha. She's way ahead of Chloe. Chloe will sit in poop all day and lie to your face if you ask if she pooped. I bet that was fun to clean up!