Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reasons I'm Happy

I have been meaning to post this for a few days now but life gets in the way. After three years of sitting in Maddox's closet, these pictures deserve a post!

My husbands talents never cease to amaze me. He did such an awesome job on the frames. They are absolutely perfect for these pictures and I don't think I would have picked anything different. The best thing about having a handy husband is that you get to have WAY nice things for about a quarter of the price. I love love love them!!

On another note, I had great savings at Albertsons yesterday!

Total Value- $218.71
Total Spent- $110.38
Total Saved- 108.33

Also, I left there with $45 in vouchers for my next visit. I ended up going back later in the day and used $30 towards 3 packages of diapers. Then the machine spit out another $15. So, I still have $30 in vouchers plus $5 on my next baby care item and the diapers were FREE. That makes a girl happy!

16 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your frames look GREAT. I am excited for you to have them hung up. I love coupons!

Kellie and Stephen said...

I need to learn how to use coupons - those savings are awesome! I love your frames Jess did such a good job on them.

Robin said...

LOL!! Your shopping spree looks a lot like mine this week. I went today and saved $60 bucks and got $30 in vouchers! I LOVE IT and so does Aaron.

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Beautiful pictures and frames!! Good savings too!

Marylin said...

OH MY GOSH LIZ Those frames look AMAZING!! I love beautiful art and in those frames they just look perfect! Oh and I can't wait until I can go to one of those coupon classes cause I have several friends that save BIG time! Good job!! :)

Anonymous said...

those pictures are gorgeous...and i cannot believe that your husband made the frames!!

you are such an amazing shopper. i wish we lived closer...i need to go with you!

Annie said...

Great job Jess! Do you go to pinching pennies.com or where do you find all the coupons, My friends up here in Boise do it and are teaching me next week. We'll see how I do, I usually carry tons of coupons in my purse and NEVER use them and then when I finally remember about it; you guessed it, they are expired!

Lindsey said...

I love the frames! And after last week, the sales are a little disappointing today, don't you agree?

Amanda said...

Do you cut coupons? It seems like there are lots of my blog friends that post similar coupon savings. what am I missing?
The pictures (and frames) are beautiful.

Mason clan 5 said...

Awesome way to go coupon girl! Let me know when Jess wants to make more frames ? I need a couple made!

Christa said...

Which store do you shop at? I've been going to Smiths for the fuel rewards-
The frames are beautiful- I just had to buy a big one 16x20, they get pricey!!!

Anonymous said...

He did such a great job! They look so awesome! and nice work with the coupons..I am goin gto one of those classes to learn how to be smart with money and food lol.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Amanda- Definitely get on bored with the coupon thing. The website is grocerysmarts.com but you have to put a code in for the deals in your area. Basically, you save the coupons that come in your paper or mail, label them with that Sundays date, and the website will tell you when to use them to get the best deal. Anyway, they are having classes all over the place here.

Christa- I will bounce back and forth between Albertsons and Smiths, just depending on which one has the deals that week. Go to the website above and the code for Utah is g84caw. Then bookmark it. Let me know if you need help with it.

Caleb and Diane said...

Jess Good Job on the Frames!!! Soon...we will get some frames for ours and get to hang our pictures finally!

Cindy said...

Nice pictures! I have not even saved 50 cents sense my coupon party. I'm a dud when it comes to knowing what to do. I have been getting five papers every Sun. for no reason!!!! haha

ABBOTTLAND said...

The frames are stunning and I love those pictures. I need to find out how to do that whole food savings thing. I missed the last party. You'll have to tell me about it soon.
~Mandy