Yesterday, most of my day was spent cleaning, taking down a Christmas tree, listening to my (always seems to be sick) baby cry, and playing the Wii with my four year old. A few years ago, I might have become depressed and cried that my birthday was spent so "normal." This year it just seemed perfect to me. There was no desire to go out and party. Is that a sign that I am finally accepting life as an adult?? Probably. :-)
The only thing I really wanted to do was go on a nice date with my husband since those are always few and far between. The problem was that I didn't even want to shower. Ewww! Gross! Right? Oh well, it was my birthday and I can do what I want. Thankfully my husband doesn't mind going out with a 27 year old sporting pig tails. :-)
I have to say though that it doesn't take much to really make me happy. The best part of my day was when Jess came home from work early and suprised me with a single rose and a beautiful card. I'm still a sappy romantic. Just to know he was thinking of me when I wasn't around is all I need. That must be a sign of aging too??
24 comments:
Happy BIrthday!!! You look too good for not showering. I'm glad you had a good day.
Yay! Happy Birthday! I almost left the exact same comment as the one before mine...seriously, you always look so put together! I'm incredibly jealous! I hope little Claire starts feeling better.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Feel blessed to still have three years left in your 20's!! :) I am praying that you did manage to take a shower before you date because if you look like that when you don't shower than I am IN trouble!! :) I love the rose thing too! So sweet! It is funny how getting older brings the expectations on birthdays down a bit!! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like a good birthday to me. I don't need much anymore either!
I think you're the hottest little 27 year old I know..shower or no shower!!! :) Happy Birthday friend!
Happy Birthday Liz! What a sweet hubby, you guys are so cute (even without a shower) =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy happy birthday!!! I'm glad it was a good one. That is one thing I miss... getting a nice card- we have been on a budget for the past 2 years for all holidays including birthdays- but, a card... come on now- save your change honey- you could at least get me that! lol. I'm happy for you! Hope 27 brings you everything you want!
Happy Birthday Liz!! 27 is a good age... I am 27 too (for a few more moths)!
Happy Birthday! You didn't look unshowered. If I hadn't showered, it would have been alot more obvious!
I agree with Lindsey you dont look greasy enough if your picture. If I dont shower I look like a homeless person. Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday Hot Stuff!!!! You are one hot 27 year old if I ever seen one. WE need to play!
I feel you that is usually how my birthdays are spent as well!! You are getting old you're almost 30 yikes!!
Happy Birthday. I feel the same way on mt birthday too. A nice date with my husband is always great.
Happy Birthday!! mine is tomorrow. yeah. Sounds like you had a good day. you arn't consider old till you hit your thirtys. ha ha
Happy Birthday again! Glad the date was good and I totally understand about the shower thing, it seems like everytime Jon and I go on a date my day has been crazy so he goes out with stinky for the night! Love ya, good job on the rose and card thing Jess.
Happy Birthday!! Its your day..who needs a shower..lol
Happy Birthday! That sounds like a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Liz!
Happy Birthday! Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most!
Happy Birthday, Liz. I'm glad you had a good one.
Happy Birthday, you are beautiful and what a sweet, romantic husband you have. Hope you guys had fun!
~Mandy
Okay, I just have to say that you are gay if you didn't shower and your hair still looks great!! You butt! I am so Jealous! But hey we are glad you had a great Birthday and still lookin' young for 27! haha. We love you!
btw, Daisy is always sick too. So sad.
Post a Comment