Friday, August 15, 2008

My Little Climber

Clearly, my daughter does not have my fear of heights! I posted a little while ago that she was starting to learn how to climb. She has now mastered that little stepping stone! Most of today was spent deep cleaning but the little tornado following behind us found a mountain to conquer in every room. At first I was really frustrated and very annoyed, then I thought, "Ooo, something to blog!" (Come on, you know you are all keeping your eyes open for the next worthy post.) Anyway, it didn't take much effort. I just followed her around for a few minutes with the camera. It kind of felt like she was a little puppy showing off her new trick. I just had to pat the top of what I wanted her to climb and off she went. Here's keeping our fingers crossed that she will have some athletic ability! :-)







I had to video tape one of them!



No, I don't generally waste water. I turned it on to encourage her a little farther up. This is usually what she does in order to get to all of our tooth brushes. They are all shared jointly with Claire now.

13 comments:

Kellie and Stephen said...

Lucky for me it seems that my son has taken on my fear of heights. I know all the kids his age are scrambling up everything they can right now but he seems more than content to be on the ground, except he will climb up slides but only because he wants to go down them.

ABBOTTLAND said...

It's usually the little boys who are the climbers. You might have your hands full in the future :) She must have thought you were the coolest mom, letting her climb everywhere. I just wanted to thank you. I have found friends of ours through your blog. It has been fun and it's amazing how many people are blogging these days. It's awesome!
~Mandy

Marylin said...

Oh yes the trouble has begun!!! :) Did you want me to babysit her one day so that Grace can show her some good tricks? :) hee hee No just kidding I would never do that to you :)

familiesarepriceless said...

Wow looks like you have your hands full. I didn't know if I should close Kayslee's eyes or not when we were watching the video. I sent the check off and I'm having the baby Monday morning 4am they are inducing me. CAn't wait!

Jennifer said...

Claire is so cute. Stephanie does that a lot too. it is so cute. well she is going to be a handful thats for sure.

aubri said...

That's so awesome that you got all of those pictures of her! She's seriously really good at climbing- it cracks me up!

Lindsey said...

Yikes! I would be a nervous wreck. Everything scares me, I still don't even like Noah hanging out on the deck out back. I'm nervous he is going to climb over the rail.

Nicole said...

I gotta tell ya, I was freaking out watching this video. You guys must have climbing genes. Wasn't it Maddox that was on the roof?

Amanda said...

She is a doll! You are going to have your hands full with your little girl :) Okay, I love looking at your "Blogger" list - it is so hard to keep track of everybody (and their last name) now that they are married...good thinking on including everybody's maiden name!

Elizabeth J. said...

Wow, I thought Meg was a climber, but Claire has got her beat (and she's even younger!!) Good luck with that!!!

Mer said...

She is so cute!! I am just proud of her that she didn't fall! LOL
Maybe that was just a phase she was going through.

Jessi McCall said...

um Liz, I'm..a getting a little nervous about you babysitting Phoenix for me! Am I going to bring her home and have her doing front flips off of the toilets?? LOL. I am impressed w/ Claire's skills though, see she's gonna be keeping up with the guy's at Coral Pink in a few years just like her Mama!!! BTW She is SOOO adorable, I wish Phoenix would take a binky still, I think they are SOOOO cute!

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

How funny.....my baby is just starting to climb on things...I'm glad to get a glimpse into the future of all the things I have to look forward to