Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Loving Memory Of Val Imlay



This is a picture of Jess' Aunt Val. We learned late Friday evening that she was killed, along with nine others, in a plane crash just outside of Moab, UT. There are many towns, as well as family and friends that are mourning this awful tragedy. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they try to heal from this great loss.



Val was a tiny woman, with a big heart and an even bigger personality. Surrounded by men, five brothers and no sisters, a husband, three sons, and two grandsons, she always held her own and came off conqueror.

We remember Val as the one that was able to bring us all together. Whether it was Thanksgiving dinner or camping at Big John's Flat on Beaver mountain, she gathered us all there and fed us WELL. She was an amazing cook and always kept a perfect garden. Jess remembers sneaking out back with her oldest son Kadin and digging in the dirt for her peas. Kelly, Jess' dad and Val's brother, was always excited when he would stop by her house and she would give him bags of fresh vegtables.

Val was always there for her family in every way they needed her. Necia, Jess' sister, remembers being on her own in Cedar City with two young kids, trying to make it through school and always being able to turn to her Aunt Val. Whether it was proof reading papers or spoiling Necia's daughter Britten, Val was there. She welcomed us all at any moment. When you were at Val's, you felt like you were at home. Not only was she this way, but so was her husband Mark and her three sons, Kadin, Jed, and Ben. Accepting and fun, that seems to be the Imlay way.

There was never a dull moment with Val.. Between years on the Little League Board, the Children's Justice Center, and taking herself back to school after having her kids, she still managed to serve her Heavenly Father faithfully. Her testimony was enough to lead us all through our trials. We can not think of a person more ready to reunite with their Father in heaven.

We will miss her greatly but rejoice in the knowledge that we will see her again!

15 comments:

familiesarepriceless said...

I'm so sorry Jess and Liz. Your in my thought and prayers. I miss you already Liz. It was SOOOOO nice to see you and catch up. now we need to start doing it more often. Love ya

Janelle said...

Jess & Liz, my thoughts are with your family! One of my old roommates and her father were also on that plane.
Jess, tell you mom hello for me.
Janelle (Jappe) Faulkner

Jessi McCall said...

What a beautiful tribute to her. She sounds like a wonderful person. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt. What you wrote about her was very nice. She sounds like a neat lady. I wanted to tell you thanks for putting the link to read about all the people in the accident. I was able to leave a message for a friend who's little brother was also on the plane. Without that, I wouldn't have known how to get ahold of her.

Marylin said...

Liz and Jess my thoughts are with you both. My family also knew two of the people on the plane, this crash is so far reaching and heart braking. My prayers are with you, it is times like these that makes me even more grateful for the gospel in my life.

Robin said...

I agree! Thank goodness for the gospel. Not sure how others deal with such tragedy without it.

Kellie and Stephen said...

She looks and sounds like she was a beautiful women inside and out. That is a lot of tragedy for a little town like Cedar to deal with. We're thinking of you and Jess's family.

Mer said...

Thanks for the cry Liz. You have such a way with words. You guys know how much I love your family. Just know that my prayers are with everyone involved. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Natalie said...

No Liz I am not a blogger but I saw yours off of Nicoles. Sorry about Jess's and your Aunt. We really do need to get together Audryn needs a friend!
Tell Jess sorry for the loss
Natalie Shaw

Tracey said...

Hey Liz,
Mer told me about your aunt, we are so sorry. One of Joes engineers that works for him, his wife was also on that plane. Her name was Marcie Tillery. How awful to have such good people doing such wonderful things in life go so tragicly.
Tracey

Mason clan 5 said...

I am so sorry. The gospel is amazing I am so glad we have it to comfort us. That was a very nice tribute. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jenny Ham said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful tribute. My prayers are with the families.

aubri said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Please know that your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

What a sweet tribute to your husband's aunt. I teared up watching and reading about her. I am sorry for your loss!
Moriya
p.s. Your blog is so cool - how do you get all those pictures grouped together?

Anonymous said...

It is so sad that she is gone. She was a great kind lady that left me wanting to know her more. My though and prays have been with my family through this hard time. With all my love John Imlay