Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back To Reality!

Before I post I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments they left on Mason's birthday post. He LOVED them!! Any and all attention is excepted by Mason!

Well, Jess and I are pretty lucky people! We were able to spend a week in Maui with just my parents. A friend of mine was telling me how lucky I was before I left and my response was, "I know! I get an entire week with just my parents!" To some of you that might seem like a silly response when you are considering going to Hawaii, but if you know anything about my family, it does NOT happen often!! How does this happen you ask?? Well, my parents decided a while back to rotate through kids when they take their vacations. Needless to say, the week was AWESOME!!

During the week we went snorkeling several times, went on a helicopter ride, toured the shops and coast, played glow in the dark miniature golf, built a sand castle (our first), went parasailing, watched movies, read, ate way too much red meat, and CAKED on plenty of sunblock! Ironically we both still received sun burns!

We are SO grateful to my parents for making this possible for us!! They were great company and very laid back to be around! It was a TRUE relaxing vacation! AND, of course, Jess' older sister Necia! She drove up from Moab, Utah and stayed with our kiddos from the 19th to the 26th. I know, AMAZING, right!? We did not worry once about them. I've not found anyone that spoils them more than their Aunt Necia. They had a vacation of their own with her!

Okay, so now that my blog is updated, I need to check in on everyone else. I am way out of the loop now!!

14 comments:

Marylin said...

Yay you are back!! What an AMAZING trip! I love Hawaii! Oh and that is special to have time alone with your folks, cause there are only a few kids in your family :) hee hee

Jessi McCall said...

WOW Liz,
1: thanks for representing the K-MOB in HAWAII!
2: Herbal life is working, you both look like model material. Loved the beach pics!!!! :)
3: When you said you two built a sand castle,I thought you meant like a little tower about ot fall over, but leave it to crazy Jess to build an award winning Sand castle! LOL Tell him I said props on that!!
and 4: ahhh how i love me some Hawaii!!! I'm glad you had fun with your parents! Thanks for sharing! :)

Erin said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a really great time. It helps a lot with the peace of mind when your kids are having just as much fun with their babysitter while you're gone. I'm glad you got some time away--that's always so nice!

Christa said...

You guys look great! How fun- a getaway.
My aunt has lived in Cedar for 30 years so, I have always come up to visit her. I was working at MGM and SOOOOO sick of it! I knew we had to move out of town for me to get away from there. My husband hadn't planned on staying in Vegas very long- but then we met and got married, so he was ecstatic when I said- I'm ready to move out of here- he would have gone anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Seriously looks like so much fun!! What a great idea for your parents to do that with all their kids.

Caleb and Diane said...

LIZ!!! Your back!! I was thinking about you all last week! (okay, she is getting on a plane now....okay they should be playing hard now...Yes! She comes home tomorrow!) Anyway! I am so glad your back!! Now I will actually get someone to comment my page! Haha. j/k that is not that only reason. But man! I am so jealous of you and your trip with the parents! I have already talked to mom this morning and she was going on and on about your trip! She had fun!! Thats always a good sign!! I can't wait until our trip next year!! I am so excited!! Well, I am glad you guys are home!! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! You will be there right? For the family b-day party? Love you guys!! And waaaaay cute pictures!!!

ABBOTTLAND said...

That is so nice that you got to go to Maui with Jess and your parents. It is so important to get a break now and then from the kiddies and spent time with your other half. And what a beautiful, romantic place to go. The pics are great. Glad you had a lovely time!
~Mandy

Mer said...

Okay I first have to say, I never realized how much you look like your DAD! I love all the pictures, that is the closest I will ever get to going there so thank you! Tell Jess that is not like going to a beach in CA!!!!!

Kellie and Stephen said...

Wasn't that the most wonderful vacation ever? I love all of the photos - it makes me want to go back soo badly! I'm glad you had such a nice week with your parents, isn't it great to have no one else around and just them for a whole week!

Christa said...

I was shocked when I saw the 2nd tooth! It is really fun to see her grow up, I just wish it was going by a little slower. I guess we'll just have to have another couple kids to go through this again! if you want to ever email me my address is bellwinans@msn.com.
-Christa

familiesarepriceless said...

Liz you can be a model. I love that hat of yours super cute!!! I also love Jess's long hair. You guys are just WAYYYY cute. You have some awesome times with your family. Looks like you had a blast and I love the idea of just the parents having one on one time with their children. That's a great idea. Give a shout of to your family for me. Love ya!

Mer said...

So I know you tagged everyone that leaves you a comment. I was not going to leave you one because you know I don't like that stuff. Then I saw that it woul hurt your feelings. (Sure it would:) Then I decided I could get around it by leaving you a comment on another post. :-) I didn't know everything on your tag and I loved reading it. I believe you were the one in the bike helmet. I'm I right?

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

How fun!! and I think I can relate to the being alone with your parents....although not as much as you! I truly can understand why that would be such a treat....Sorry it has taken me so long to comment on your posts I have been so busy with work! but today I decided to play hookie so here I am bloggin'

Tiffany said...

Sooooo jealous. Hawaii is on my To Do List someday.
I love all your pictures. I was a little surprised to see you and Jess in matching clothes. I didn’t picture Jess as that type. Very cute though.