Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Little Swimmers

Okay, so I totally caved on the no pool thing! My kids are fanatics about swimming but I am terrified of the whole drowning thing. As any parent would be. But this heat SUCKS! And I have found that it is working as a great bribe. Though it is only day two, so we will have to see how it goes.

Anyway, we stopped at Kmart on our way home from the gym yesterday to buy just one of those TINY little pools so they could keep cool. Well, $50 later we ended up with this little bit BIGGER pool with a filter. Can we just say $50 well spent!?! So the kids and I attempted to set it up and actually did it ourselves. We were outside from 11:30 am yesterday until 6:30 pm. It took about 4 hours to fill 'cause our hose had low pressure, but they loved it anyway! It was so nice just to leave the house a mess and enjoy my kids, which is not something I do a lot.















6 comments:

Caleb and Diane said...

Aww Liz! That looks like so much fun!! I can't wait until Daisy is a little older so we can acutally go outside and play with chalk and make crafts! How fun!! It really looks like that day is going to be a day yours kids will remember! Balloons and everything! Awesome!

Tiffany said...

Looks fun! We have a pool similar to that one, and I too was nervous about one of my kids somehow getting into it and drowning. Jason bought a cover for it that tightens on with this little clip thing. That makes me feel a bit better. I know that they could figure out how to loosen it and get it off, but at least it buys me time if they really did get out there without me knowing. I think he got it at Kmart. Cute picture though. I like the ideas with the slide; we will have to try that at our house.

Marylin said...

How fun!! That is the perfect size! They seem to enjoy just hanging out and it's nice to have something so close at hand that can cool you off!!

Laura H said...

Liz I'm not a slacker anymore. I got a google account.
I too bought a very tiny pool for the kids. And yesterday Faith went to the corner of the backyard and pooped. NICE.

aubri said...

That looks like so much fun! Swimming in the little kiddie pools is like one of my favorite past times! Your kids are so adorable!

familiesarepriceless said...

It was a great investment!! I have just a little $12 one and Kayslee will spend hours in it. It's just too hot to not have one.