Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hair Day

It seems that whenever I decide to grow my hair out, I choose a length I want to grow it to, keep it for a year, and then chop it off and start again. I get bored with hair styles extremely fast. So in the interest of REALLY changing things up, I opted to chop it and go BROWN. I have always LOVED blue eyes with brown hair and I have been planning on trying it for a while. My hair stylist has actually talked me out of it a couple of times. So anyway, here it is! Be nice!



Do you think people will believe she is my daughter when they see us out together?? My SIL, Tiffany, did this a year or two ago and I always thought it was funny when I would see her bright blond children next to her really dark hair. But, I always thought she looked really good too!



Well, since it's a hair post, I thought I would post a before and after picture of Jess. Jess and I have been married for over 8 years now. During this entire time he has shaved his head. Why?? I don't know, because he's a guy and he can. It didn't really matter to me how he wore it. Anyway, last December there was talk from his mom and brothers that he must be going bald. So, in the interest of proving them wrong and rubbing it in his brothers face that he actually had pretty thick hair, he decided not to cut it for an entire year.



After his hair started growing out for a while he had not one, but I believe three people ask him if he got hair plugs. I knew he always had hair because he would go out back once a week and shave it as short as he could. What I didn't know was how curly his hair is. Now he is shaving his go-tee (sp?) too and he is a straight pretty boy. I had completely forgotten about his butt chin and dimples. I will have to post a picture of him with it shaved. I just don't have one right now.

20 comments:

Jessi McCall said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I REALLY DO! It looks SO stylish, can I copy or would that be a TOTAL "single white female" move?? :) You look HOTTT!!!! Bobby liked it too, and he said to tell you "it's not called a butt chin, it's a chin dimple" hahaha...I love Jess' hair too, I forgot what he looked like bald. :)

Robin said...

Looks really good!!!! Dark hair is good in the winter. Who does your hair?

Elizabeth J. said...

What a fun change!! I think it looks great. I love when people change their hair. I think it is so fun! It makes you feel like a whole new person for a while!

Nicole said...

I know I told you already, but I love it! The cut and the color seem to suit you.

Marylin said...

OOOOOO I love your dark hair!! Very nice!! You look amazing with both but what a fun thing to do! I use to get tired of my hair fast but that was when I didn't have to pay to have it done cause I could trade! Now I just let it grow until I can't take it anymore! :)

Tiffany said...

I LOVE it. It looks very natural. Your eyes and face stand out a lot more, and look gorgeous. Plus I think dark hair looks healthier. What a nice change. When I did that to my hair people didn’t even recognize me. Once I was sitting at the doctor’s office and Erin came in, sat down next to me and didn’t realize it was even me. And I did have quite a few strangers ask me where my kids got their blonde hair. Post some pictures of the back of your hair.

Christa said...

Wow, it looks great! You look beautiful. I'm too scared to totally chop all mine off, it's like a security blanket! lol.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You look beautiful!! I am a huge fan of blue eyes with brown hair...good choice. And I love that your husband is proving a point by growing out his hair...too funny!

Mer said...

What do you mean that is not a good picture. It's a great picture and I love the way YOU did your hair. It looks great on you! As for Jess' hair you know what my husband thinks of it!!!

familiesarepriceless said...

Love it girl! You should of called us to go with you riding. O wait I just had a baby huh o'well I still would of gone strap the little one on and off we would of gone j/k. Well I got your message today I will call you. Love ya and I WILL see you soon.

ABBOTTLAND said...

I love it! It really suits you. I know how you feel about wanting to change your hairstyle now and again. You are brave, but it looks awesome on you. I like that brown color. The cut makes you look really sophisticated.

Kellie and Stephen said...

I love your new cut it looks so cute, and the dark color looks really good on you. I still forget Jess has hair and am always still surprised when I see him. I guess I've only seen him with a shaved head so that's what I picture him looking like.

Caleb and Diane said...

Looks very cute Liz!! Way to go!! You look young and stylish!! Haha. I love Jess' hair more and more also!!

aubri said...

I love it! The color really does bring out your eyes and I love the cut! Changing hairstyles is always fun!

Jennifer said...

Its so cute it looks really good on you! i Never imgaine Brown on you. But looks way good same with the short hair.:)

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Your hair looks great! I love the way you cut it and brown hair really looks good on you! I just cut my hair a couple days ago too, it's always fun to get a new hair cut!

Alisa said...

I already told you i love it, but i wanted to post it here too. You look so hot!!

Annie said...

Liz, love the hair! You look great!
Thanks for setting up my blog, hopefully I'll post soon.

Cindy said...

It looks so healthy and silky. You inspire me to do a drastic change. I've always wanted to go all red. But I think I should get skinny first. I like your husband with long hair, he looks alot younger. By the way, I think I want to train with you for the half marathon. It will give me a good excuse to get skinny. I'll tell you tomorrow at church.

Shea and Kenzie said...

i love the new hair i just cut mine all off to your all look great