Monday, September 29, 2008

Pure Bliss

As much as I love being a mother, being with my girlfriends is SO desperately needed! Thanks to my awesome husband, I was able to spend the weekend away with some of my oldest and very best friends. It was a bummer that we were missing about five girls, but honestly, I would still have gone if only one other friend were there. This year was our "3rd annual girls trip," or that's what we're calling it. I feel so lucky to have such close, awesome people in my life. We always laugh that we are still friends. If any of us were to meet today, we might not be. We are all so very different. We are true sisters! We can bicker, criticize, and tease with out it ever going beneath the skin. It's great! :-)

My friend Jacque opened up her family cabin this weekend. I have to admit that at times I WAS a little nervous. Being in the middle of the mountains with no cell reception and no men. I had visions of a rain coated man sporting a hook for a hand, scratching at the window. hahaha.... It's true, I'm a nerd.

We spent most of the time talking, playing games, and getting little sleep. We all slept in the same room so when bed time came, we talked until we dosed off mid sentence.

On Saturday I was able to go for a run with Mitra and Dawn. Which if you read my last post, I haven't done for about ten years. It was so fun for me. Especially when the weather went from perfect to freezing cold and raining.
 
Posted by Picasa

Then, leave it to Jacque to be creative and try something new. At least, for us. None of us had ever been the chef of a dutch oven dinner. But, per Jacque's instructions, it turned out awesome! We were all so proud. I think I even heard a couple of screams. I might have been one of them. Again, I know, a total nerd.
 
Posted by Picasa

There was a Relief Society broadcast this weekend so Jacque found out what church to attend. It was kind of fun to go to a church meeting with the same girls I use to sit through all of them with. (And yes, I do not match at all. But that's what happens when you throw in a skirt in right before you walk out the door.)
Oh yeah, we almost hit 6 deer this weekend. We saw many more, but had to lock up the breaks on two occasions. Very, very scary!

The time went way too fast! We blinked and it was time to go home. I would love to do two of these a year, but I'm not sure any of our husbands would willingly take the kids twice. Anyway, as my title states, it was pure bliss!
 
Posted by Picasa

Okay, these pictures weren't on this post at first, but my friend Dawn just e-mailed them to me so I decided to add them.
 
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun!! I saw Mitra on Friday morning and she told me all about your girls trips! How were the cupcakes that Mitra brought?

Anonymous said...

that sounds like so much fun! i am in dire need of a girls weekend...i will have to get planning!

when i was looking at all your pictures it was crazy that most of those girls are familiar to me. wow! it's such a small world!! how fun that you are all still so close...and what a nice break!

Robin said...

Girls weekend!!!! YEAH!!! I am having one myself this weekend. Can't wait!!!

ABBOTTLAND said...

It looks like you had a blast! Its great that you girls all keep in touch and make sure these girl weekends happen. I'm sure cooking dutchoven was quite and adventure. Sounds like it turned out and was yummy!
~Mandy

aubri said...

That sounds like such a fun tradition and much needed time away! You got some way fun pics too!

Julie T. said...

That is so awesome!! You all are such cute girls. So fun that you have stayed in touch with eachother.

Laura & Paul said...

Looks like fun! Hopefully I will be down that way one of the times you have one. I havn't seen all of you guys in forever!!

Elizabeth J. said...

Okay totally jealous of the relationship you girls have. It seemed like our "group" fell apart a little our senior year and then definitely after graduation. I still keep in touch with some, but you guys really have something unique.

Looks like you had such fun. All those girls are such sweethearts!

Jacquelynn said...

If I knew that everyone from Woodbury and Chap read your blog I wouldn't have let you take so many pictures, but hey at least I wasn't 7 monthes preggars this time. Next year no pictures allowed! I am deathly sick now. I knew I would get even worse from staying up til almost 4am two nights in a row. My throat kills from talking so much! It was sooo worth it though! I miss you girls already, but I will let you know when I will be in Vegas next. Love ya!

Mason clan 5 said...

Girl trip what is that??? I only have one friend from high school that I stay in touch with. Crazy!!! sound like fun though.

Mer said...

I always look forward to hearing about your girls trip every year! This was no exception. I think that I live through you because Randy would never be able to handle the kids for a weekend while I went away!!!

Cindy said...

I'm counting down for David to be old enough to go on another girls trip. They are fun and well needed! Love your fun pics!

Nicole said...

I see you wearing your bunco shirt at a non-bunco activity. I gunna need to bring that up with the board!
So my friends and I only ever TALK about doing fun things together. Never gunna happen. Where we you guys?

Jessi McCall said...

I'm glad you all had fun! I loved the pictures!! You are all so cute. Does Mitra always dress adorable or what? I LOVE the "don't hassle the hoff" shirt. :) Have you noticed that we are ALWAYS out of town at the same time? haha

Marylin said...

So fun! I wish I had a group of friends to do that with but we are all soooo spread out! Can I just say that your dark hair is great for your eyes!! I do love time away too though, I have done some girl weekends with just one friend at a time and it is just nice to be me for a minute or two! Good for you and what a great hubby to watch the children!! :)