Monday, September 8, 2008

Prisbrey Happenings

I know the first day of school was two weeks ago, but I am a little behind. So, I thought I would just wait to post Mason's pictures with Maddox's.

Mason is in 2ND grade this year. Boy how time flies! On the first day of school I usually walk him up to his line and then wait by the door after school. I am always feeling like a bad parent because all the other parents seem to do it the entire year. But, when I went to wait by Mason's door, his response was, "why did you get out of the car? I can just come to you." Oh how I love his independence! At least when it benefits me. :-) Now he is asking to ride his bike to school. He is smart and we are close to the school, but I am still a little scared of that. We will have to do a few practice runs.
 
Posted by Picasa


Today was Maddox's first day of preschool, but it is actually his second year. He has been really excited to go back ever since Mason went back to school. As we are getting out of the car, he said to me, "when can you just drop me off like Mason?" I'm starting to think my kids are embarrassed by me. You would think it wouldn't start until middle school. Anyway, when I went to pick him up I asked him how school was. He said, "It was so boring. I'm so sick of it." :-) Yes, this is my Maddox. Poor guy doesn't realize how many more years he has ahead of him.
 
Posted by Picasa


The other day Claire went missing for a few minutes. Usually when this happens, she is in the office, because she thinks it's hers. Or, she is in my bathroom. Anyway, I was in the office, so Jess headed back to the bathroom. He found her sitting on the counter with my jar of bracelets opened up, trying each one on.

Clearly Claire can not take the 9:00 church schedule. I gave her a plate of chicken nuggets and two minutes later Maddox is calling me in to tell me Claire didn't eat 'cause she fell asleep.
 
Posted by Picasa


Jess and I had planned to go to Coral Pink this last Saturday with some family and friends. It was a last minute trip so we were not all that surprised when everyone backed out. It turned out that it was just Jess and I. The trip was a blast! I would do it every Saturday if I could. It started out a little shaky because I threw up twice on the way there, but I was determined to go. Sadly, these are the only pictures I have to post. I took the camera with good intentions to take it out on the dunes to take video or at least some pictures of Jess jumping, but neither one of us was willing to carry it.
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Christa said...

how cute is your little family?! I love it.
I appreciate you spreading the word on my photo books- things are so stressful around here right now... It would just be a blessing! Thanks!
Christa

Mer said...

So I am a little behind on all of my blog reading. I couldn't see that video of Claire it wasn't on your page. I love all the pictures of the family. You need to write a book. I love reading your posts.

Nicole said...

If Mason is embarresed of you, just be glad that you got 2 extra years than I did! Kindergarten is when it hit Braydon. I had to give him the old, "kiss your brother and sister goodbye, or I will give you something to be embarresed about" talk!

Mason clan 5 said...

Nicole's comment made me laugh!!!I wish my kids were so independent. Ethan has only lets me drop him off if we are running late. So timing is everthing or I accidently leave my shoes at home. Mason is getting so big, so are Maddox and claire. Crazy!!!

Jessi McCall said...

I left a comment yesterday, I don't know where it went?? Anyway, it said..Mason will be taller then me by 4th grade, and Phoenix pobably will be too! I LOVE MADDOX's quirky comments, he's so funny! He's definitely your son. And, sweet Claire falling asleep while eating, that's why she's sp petite. Phoenix would NEVER leave behind food, she's like me! LOL

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Your kids are too cute!! Can I ask where you take Maddox to pre-school??

Cindy said...

Sariah didn't even notice I was there her first day, she has been waiting for the first day of school for the past year!

Kellie and Stephen said...

Your kids are getting so old! I can't believe Claire falls asleep in her high-chair, Ryker would never do that, it's his bed or carseat and that's it!