Fast forward about two hours later.... we went to Jess' parents and found Maddox with two butterfly band aids a couple inches apart. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I didn't really question it. So we are sitting on the couch and Mason said, "It was a Jaguar!" I said, "What?!" Bryson and Jill start saying, "No, no, no, it's not that big!" Then it dawned on me that Bryson had told us a year or so back that his boss had a wild cat as a pet. NOW I start freaking out! Bryson said, "I thought you were taking it well." It turned out that the two marks on his cheek were actually two fangs that went in pretty deep. Still, none of this surprises me, this is Maddox's luck!
This is not the actual cat, it is just a picture of one I found on-line. It is called a Serval. It is an African wild cat that stands about two feet tall and can be trained as a house pet. Who knew?
This picture wasn't taken until last night. It looks a lot better. The first night there were definite round holes. We took him to the doctor today to get an antibiotic in case of any infection. All in all, it turned out to be just a great story. He likes to keep us on our toes!
I just thought this picture was cute. They were both trying not to smile. I still can't believe how much the two of them look alike. It always amazes me!
14 comments:
WHAT???????? Maddox is going to be THAT kid, the CRAZY kid that's afraid of NOTHING!! I can't belive this. I just said "Bobby, Maddox got bit by a jaguar", and he said "WHAT? NO WAY!?" Your blog is the only one interesting enough to grab his attention! haha. I can't believe you didn't tell me at the game? I didn't even know anything happened.
Holy crud that is nuts!!! So glad it wasn't worse! I swear that this will be one of those stories that will live on for generations and eventually it will be told as "He was attacked by a lion while on his mission to Africa" hee hee I can just hear it now :)
You have to take them, Jer loved it!!!!! Is that a new pic of you and Jess? Ive not seen it. Your hair is dark, and I LOVE IT!!! You look gorgeous
Crazyness! Was the cat playing with him? This is going to be Hunter, for sure.
That's freaking scary! Poor little guy! I'm glad he's oksy though.
I love hearing stories about this kid. I can't believe it was a cat that looked like that. Wow! Oh and i tried to download your songs and i couldn't. I guess you just have to sing in sacrament now just so i can hear your voice.
That is going to be a great story. Who can say that they been bit by a wildcat. Poor kid, I am glad to hear he is o.k.
Ouch - I can't imagine getting bit by a wild cat, and those bites looked liked they hurt! what a crazy story, it could only happen to Maddox, right? I'm glad to know you got it all checked out for infections and everything is fine, I was a little nervous about that for you.
Oh my flippen goodness! Fang marks? I canhonestly say he is the first person I've even seen with fang marks! Did you find the heath bits?
holy cow thats scary i would have had a come apart but thats why you are a good mom haha i hope i am to i'm way excited to have the baby i can't wait
Too funny. That's so crazy though. You were so mellow at the game to. Your so cute! Plus I LOVE that picture of Jess and Masson. Super cute!!! Your so lucky you have such a sweet, good looken, awesome family. See ya tomorrow:)
Omigosh....that's crazy. I'm glad he was okay. Your boys are such boys....I love it. Well, in answer to your question, I LOVED DeLima and it will be my first choice from now on. It's so much more personal and I had a wonderful experience there. Their food is pretty dang good too :)
~Mandy
Where in the world did he get a cat like that?!?! I can't believe those fang marks on his cheek!! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!
so, I haven't checked your blog for a little bit and I've missed everything... Poops, bites, music, halloween... yikes! glad I'm caught up now. And thanks for the advertisement on your page about my photo books! I appreciate it!
Post a Comment