Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Official Adult


Jess will be turning the big 3 - 0 this Saturday! I think it is a big deal because to me he can now officially call himself an adult. I just don't think the rest of us in our twenties are adults yet. I was talking to my friend Jessi a couple of weeks ago and she said, "Well, you know, the adults." I laughed to myself and thought, 'I don't consider myself an adult yet and I have 3 kids.' I guess we never grow up at heart. To tell you the truth, Jess may now be considered an adult but it will be years before he acts like one. He's just one big kid!

So, since it's his birthday this weekend and I know I won't get to post about him later, I will do it now! Here are some reasons why I just LOVE this guy!

He can wire a ceiling fan holding a sleeping kid!


He built me this amazing addition to our house! I know, WAY talented!
 
Posted by Picasa


He can do this! One of the things Jess and I love to do and love to do together is ride four-wheelers. So yes, this is a definite reason to love this guy! :-)


He is a great dad! Making all the memories and traditions needed for our little family! (You would think I would do a better job catching him on camera. Most of these shots are filled with the kids.)
 
Posted by Picasa


He'll match his family even when he really doesn't want to! Such a good sport!
 
Posted by Picasa


He is like a kid when it comes to getting gifts. He loves the surprise and he loves the gift! But, unlike a kid, he loves giving gifts too and they are always great!!
 
Posted by Picasa


I don't have a picture for this but it is what keeps this man looking like a knight in shining armor to me everyday. He loves with all he has! He is supportive of me in every way possible and he is always there to give me strength. He IS a man of great "honor" and those are few and far between these days. He is my best friend and my only true addiction! SO, it's okay that he's aging...haha.. :-)

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

30? Is he a little bit nervous? I never noticed his hair before this post. What a difference a little bit of hair makes! Is it still long?

Kellie and Stephen said...

Happy 30th Birthday Jess!

Marylin Kelley said...

I am getting VERY close to the big 30
and I am trying not to think about it but Happy Birthday to Jess and I hope you guys have a great weekend! Oh and what a great post, I love the pictures and oh another thing, that is sooo AMAZING that he did that addition to your home. That is an awesome guy to have around!

On the subject of you, you are like a fine wine you getter prettier and prettier every year!!

Ronda said...

Turning 30 is crazy huh? My husband turned 30 last year and even though it wasn't me it was kind of weird.

Amanda said...

Yeah for husbands that are 30! Have a great weekend.
What are you getting him? I had the hardest time thinking of something cool enough to get my 30 year old husband...

Jessi McCall said...

awww< that is such a sweet post. I think Jess is an AMAZING guy. I am giving mad props for the ceiling fan picture. :) And, I know I've told ya before, but you two are my heros on the 4-wheelers. You both compliment each other perfectly!!
HAPPY 30th to JESS!

Julie T. said...

That is an awesome addition to your house!! And by the way. . . you look way to young to have three kids! You look great!

aubri said...

Ah, that was really sweet. Aren't husbands the greatest in the world? Don't worry, my dad's 53 and he acts more like a kid than his grandkids! Ha ha...Jess will keep you young! Tell him we wish him a very Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

Happy birthday to Jess. He is a good guy. I like the picture of wiring a light while holding a sleeping baby. And I have NEVER seen a halloween costume like that before. I LOVED it!!! Can't wait to check out that post.

Caleb and Diane said...

Awww how cute!! We love you Jess! Happy Birthday!

Carolyn said...

Wow! You guys really get into Halloween! Happy B-day to Jess. Have to smile at all of the wows about turning 30. The 30's are much better than the 20's, especially for chicks! Happy day!