I would be the procrastinator! I waited until Halloween day to carve pumpkins with my kids. Which meant Jess was at work, I was babysitting my nephew Ryker, I was preparing for our Trunk or Treat, and pulling together some last minute things for Jess' surprise party the following day.
The pumpkin carving was an event! I got my much desired pictures and then spent the rest of the time finishing the pumpkins for the kids. :-)
Tell me, how secure is my husband in his man hood??? Is that how you pictured the tooth fairy? :-) I think he was a little weirded out when he had complete strangers taking his picture.
The trunk or treat was a lot of fun! The kids love going and I like any excuse to put on a costume. Halloween is becoming one of my favorite holidays. I love seeing how creative everyone is. These pictures are filled with friends. I love the picture with Jess and Wing, he is the Renaissance man. They look like two big kids counting their candy.
So, I felt a ton of pressure to do something great for Jess' 30Th birthday. I have been stressing about it for the past couple of months. Jess is not a man for a usual surprise party so I needed to get creative. We ended up planning a surprise party at Armagosa Sand Dunes about an hour and a half out of town. With the help of my mom, Jess' mom, Jess' brother Bryson, and my good friend Jessi, the surprise turned out better than I expected it to. I am so grateful to all of them for their help. Jess loved every minute of his birthday.
The day was spent riding hard, eating a whole lot of yummy food, and getting my parents motor home UN-stuck 3 times. I think it really made Jess' day when his truck helped pull it out twice. Most would complain about having to dig a motor home out on their birthday, but cool weather, plus rain for mud, and one big truck makes MY husband one happy man! :-)
The day was so much fun! My kids could not have been happier. I want to say thanks to my brother Stephen as well. After the long day at the dunes, he took my three kids for the next four hours so Jess and I could go on our usual birthday date. Amlee's, the best restaurant ever, and a movie! You just can't beat a good old fashioned date.

20 comments:
Loved your costumes, they were all great! Hope Jess had a Happy Birthday!
You guys were awsome on Halloween! It is great to have such FUN people around. Thanks for letting Gracie hang out. She was just looking at your blog with me and wondered what Jess was? I told her the tooth fairy. She was like, "He's a fairy?" I hope she isn't afraid to loose a tooth now:). So where is this yummy resturant and what kind of food is it? Fun weekend.
Your costumes are awesome. I'm impressed that Jess would dress up like that, what a good sport! You guys are always doing such fun stuff. Wow, Jess turned 30-he's SOO old!haha
Love the costumes!!! You look awesome and jess that was funny. I have to beg Jarred to even go to trunk or treat! Well now Jess can join Jarred in the old man club. HAHAHAHA We still have a few more years!
You DID have a crazy weekend! What a fun suprise party though! I seriously loved all the costumes! Jess' seriously was so AWESOME! I would've taken his picture too, I'm sure! That cracks me up! You are so creative with costumes, I love it!
I guess I should stop being so boring and actually dress up for Halloween! It looks like I am missing out on a lot of fun! Your costumes are great!!
Is Amlee's a chinese restaraunt?
1. I LOVE your costumes. Jess' was WAY funny. I LOVED IT. And, your kids were cute too. Claire was adorable. I'm a sucker for little animal outfits.
2. GREAT job on the party for Jess. I'm sure he loved it, and we had a great time. BUT, I didn't help you, don't give me any credit, you did it all on your own! GREAT JOB!
3. Amlee's and a movie sounds like a perfect date night. I bet Jess was so HAPPY!!
-Thanks for inviting us to Armagosa, Happy 30th to Jess again!!
Jess's costume is hilarious!! But I wouldn't expect less from him. What a fun Halloween.
I wish I could have seen Jess dressed up as a tooth fairy! It sounds like Armagosa was soo much fun, Stephen loved it and it sounds like Ryker did too - I wish I could have gone.
You really did have a long weekend, but it sounds like you had tons of fun. The costumes are great, I love Jess' costume he makes a perfect tooth fairy.
You really worked your costume and so did Jess. It looked really fun. I didnt go trick or treating cuz we got back late friday night and my mom was sick so she divided the candy up and gave it to us.
The sand dunes looked like so much fun. I wish i could have been there.
O I totally forgot about his B-day. You should of reminded me. Sorry I missed it but Happy Birthday Jess! You are a stud even though you wear funny outfits. I feel so bad now and wish I would of remembered it would of been fun to take out our trailer and bikes and get away from town. O'well next time right? See ya this Friday! :)
Wow, you all go all out for Halloween -- maybe some day Mark and I will get the Halloween fever again and dress up. I assume it will be inevitable when our kids get older. :) Looks like you had fun! And kudos to you for the 30th party for your husband, I should learn something from you about throwing parties. For my hubbies 30th we (well, I actually can't remember what we did, it's that sad!) In my defense, it's been a couple years.
Jess was pretty hillarious! Happy Birthday by the way.
What a fun and busy weekend. I carved my pumpkins as we were walking out the door to trunk o treat! How funny. I was not prepared this year at all. I need to get more creative next year.
Jess's costume is awesome. You're so right about him being secure in his manhood. I would have been one of those strangers to stop and take a picture of him.
Jess definitely won best costume that night! He was just hilarious. I had to do a double take to see if his tattoos were real or not. Very funny! Where did you find his costume? Did you make it?
Oh, and let's not forget your little outfit. You looked like quite the evil hottie! Glad that you had a great night.
Wow! You have been busy, huh? Jess' costume was awesome and kudos to him. You always have such great costumes, I love it. Hey, anytime you want to come over is fine. I don't think you have my cell. What's your email, and I'll send it to you. And send your cell, I'm not sure I still have the right number.
~Mandy
I love all the Halloween post and yours didn't disappoint! So fun that your entire family gets dressed up!
Oh my gosh! I love Jess' costume! Tell him Happy Birthday from us. I hope he got our message. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween!! Way to go!! ...Hey, what were you? You from the Adams Family?
Post a Comment