Well, as the title states, 'tis the season! A lot of family, a lot of memories, and a lot of FUN!! We went to Arizona with Jess' family this weekend to ride the Polar Express. First stop, the Hoover Dam. Jess is fascinated with the bridge they are building and has me take a million pictures everytime we see it! So, enjoy!
Yes, you did hear me say the Polar Express! Jess' mom bought us all tickets a year ago because they sell out really early. Complete with PJs for the family, you ride the train from Williams, AZ to the North Pole, where Santa boards the train and hands out bells. They have chefs, elves, hot cocoa, cookies, singing, and benches that even turn around like the movie! My kids loved it and had so much fun!
If I understand it right, Jess' Uncle Gordon is over the whole production, which made the experience even more fun!! He was able to comp rooms for us in the hotel the train leaves from. Then when we returned, he had our meal comped in the restaurant right outside the hotel.
In between the hotel and the train, they have decorated the area beautifully with Christmas lights and a little reindeer maze the kids can walk through.
Needless to say, the whole experience was magical and a perfect way to start out the holiday season! If you get the chance to go, take it. I am hoping we can plan to do it again next year. Next time I think I will have to look for matching Christmas pajamas. I'm sure my husband will love that! Also, next year I would like to see it with snow. You know, for the full effect. Although, it WAS pretty cold!
The next day, Gordon took us to the train shop. Jess, his brother, and his dad were in awe! It was pretty cool!

20 comments:
My parents talked about doing that this year but the weekend rides were all sold out. We already have plans to do it next year. I can't wait!! it looks like you guys had so much fun.
I love all the pictures!! Great job snapping away. You all look SO cute in your PJ's! :) I can't wait to hear all about it. Call me when you get settled back in!
It looks like you had such a good time and I'm glad you posted lots of pictures, that's the best! Your hair looks so good, too!
How fun! My sister in law told us about it, but she left out details! That would be fun to do!
What is it with guys and things that are big?! Wing marvels at the bridge too. But, I've got to admit... It is pretty cool and amazing. Your trip sounded so fun! Gotta love the comps!
Hey girl love it!!!! More pictures the better. Did you really go to the north pole? Wow sounds like a blast.
I have to say that I am a little jealous! Your family is all so cute and you look amazing. (Love the hair bTW)
That sounds like so much fun. Do you have to book it a whole year in advance?
So where is this I want to go. The have one in Utah and you do have snow on that one. But one closer would be nice.
Yeah, you do need to book it a year in advance. Also, it leaves from Williams, AZ. It actually snowed there the day we left. So there should be snow the rest of the season.
We went there a few years ago when Sariah was a baby. We had a blast until Sariah cried all night long in the hotel, then we left early and missed our free breakfast. I would like to go there again, I think David would be fine. It's a great fun place to take the kids. I love all of your pics, the Hoover pics look professional.
Fun! We rode the one in Ely, NV a few years ago. The one in AZ. is probably better though. Love all the pictures.
What a blast. I REALLY want to do that sometime. Your pics are adorable! Love the jammies
How FUN!!!! I love all the pictures always post them!! Who is the girl with Bryson!!????
oh my gosh...that's so many pictures!! i loved seeing all of them though. how fun...a train ride, pjs and hot cocoa! is this in utah? where is it? i totally want to go.
Liz that looks like so much fun! Plus the matching pjs next year would make it all the better to show everyone who your family is! (There so cute you must show them off!) It would be a great tradition to start with you family, your kids will never ever for get it! Plus Santa looks awesome!! They should do pictures with the kids! ...Let us know how we could do it one year!...We loved all the pictures!!
How fun, my kids would love to do that. What a good way to start the season.
Oh my gosh! We love Polar Express. We are going too. We went a year ago and had a great time. Your pictures have gotten me so excited. We are going Dec.8th. I cant wait. Your pictures are all very cute. I was just on Mer's blog and saw your page. You are now my friend. :) How are you liking your meals? So far mine have all been really good.
It makes my life really easy. :)
Thanks for the Holiday cheer!!
Tammy
How cute are you and Jess and your family. And your hair looks fantastic in the pics :)
So I left the most amazing comment on here a few days ago and then when I was about to post it I realized that I was logged on as my mom and I didn't want to retype the entire thing so I got upset and just logged off, so now I am back to try again! We were able to do that a few years ago and it was a blast! I have been wanting to go again and we just haven't made it work! My favorite was when Santa gave each of them a bell! My girls still have theirs! Might I add that you look AMAZING! So pretty and your family is gosh darn cute! I think we need to have a girls night with some of us Blogging ladies!! :)
Post a Comment