Friday, November 14, 2008

It's All About Me

Well, my husband had knee surgery Wednesday morning and I figured out how to make it all about me! :-) LOL!! I'm sure he loves that. But listen, I'll tell you why.

Jess has an unbelievably high pain tolerance. I've always know this but he really did surprise me this time. There has been no complaining, whining, baby "me" talk you might receive from a freshly cut open patient. Which don't get me wrong, it would be totally understandable and I would be the first to milk it! :-)

Anyway, since his surgery he has taken ONE pain pill! Who does that?? BUT, this is when it becomes all about me! His high pain tolerance makes it easier for me to kill MY pain when I have it. :-) Alright, alright, it's possible I have a problem. But really, nice strong happy pill when you are in pain or over the counter, never take away the pain pill when you are in pain??

Of course, any good hospital picture is taken with a cell phone! I'm sure he loved having me snap away at him. :-) Clearly, I am a bit annoying with the pictures.



His bandage was slipping last night so he took it off to move it up. We were able to get a look at what was under there. Actually, he took the picture because I can't be anywhere near this kind of thing. I am a big time woos!


Oh yeah, I'm sure I'll get this question....Why did he have surgery?? He had a piece of cartilage floating around in there for the last four years. The doctor told him he might be able to handle the pain 'till he was 30, but then it would start bugging him. Well, as you know, he turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. Again, who goes 4 years with knee pain, has a physical job, and is still very active in sports?? Anyway, if you can't tell, I am very impressed with his pain tolerance! No wonder he always thinks I'm such a baby! :-)

8 comments:

Robin said...

I have the very same issue! I am several years over 30 but I just keep putting it off!

familiesarepriceless said...

Awh Jess I feel bad for you. I'm in pain looking at the pictures. You are one tuff boy. My husband hates pills also and won't take anyting. I get the perscriptions filled though just in case. See you tonight:) Do you need Richard to play tonight? For now it looks like we have a one and one time tonight no kids!!!;)))))) I love them to pieces but It's nice to spend time with just my husband and give him all my attention. Love ya!

aubri said...

That is crazy that he only took one pill! I only got my wisdom teeth pulled and I've almost killed the whole bottle already! I seriously don't think you could possibly be a bigger wuss than me! I'm glad he got it taken care of though, that's always nice! I hear knees are the worst to have bothering you.

Mason clan 5 said...

Wow- Some men do have a high tolerence of pain. Jarred has this same problem but he just uses this as an excuse not to go on walks so I don't think he will ever get it fixed.Pain pill are wonderful when you have a really bad headache and it is the weekend!!

Caleb and Diane said...

He finally had the surgery huh? I thought he was going to have it when you guys went to Hawaii. Guess I missed that one. Well, tell Jess good job for being such a strong MAN! And Liz if you ever need any pain medicine we've got tons!! We should open up our own shop up here! :0)

Jessi McCall said...

ha, you pill head!! I like Jess' shaved leg, pretty hot! LOL, Bobby has a shaved spot too right now from stitches. Pretty funny. I'm glad he's doing well, but we missed him on the field.

Lindsey said...

Lucky for you Jess doesn't need to be babied! You totally could have come to Bunco! Anyone tell you that everyone got a prize?

ABBOTTLAND said...

Ow! That looks painful, but obviously not for your tough, superhero husband :) it's so sweet are you are so proud of how strong he is. I'm sure he is glad he finally had that taken care of. How long will his recovery be? I know things are crazy for you. I'm right there with you. Hopefully we'll see you after Thanksgiving.
~Mandy