Thursday, November 6, 2008

Coupon Savings

For those of you that were at Lindsey and Cindy's coupon party last week, let me just say WOW!! I have been anxious about trying out this coupon shopping ever since then and NOW I am so excited about it and will never go back! I thought it was going to be a pain to shop with coupons, but it kind of felt like a game. It's no Colette savings, but for my first time, I am pretty darn proud of myself!

For those of you that weren't there, Colette is the one that taught the class. Check out her blog if you are interested. It is SO worth it!

Okay, so this is what I came home with....


Total Value- $245.64

Coupon Savings- $43.10
Fresh Values Savings- $80.05

Total Savings- $ 123.15

My Cost- $122.49

That is a 51% savings!! Also, if you count the $20 gift card to Smiths that I received at the party, I actually paid $102.49. Now that makes me happy!

If anyone else has tried this out already, let us know how you did. I know the savings percentage can get even higher, so I am looking for all help and pointers!

16 comments:

Jessi McCall said...

great job! I'm so impressed!! I can't wait to start! :)

Kellie and Stephen said...

I am definetly going to have start shopping with coupons -those are great savings!

Caleb and Diane said...

Caleb and I only shop at Smiths! We have always been big coupon people. We are always looking in the newspaper for sales/savings, and we are always earning points. We just hit out 500pts for the second time yesterday. We have also been invited to the Smiths Holiday Open House that is this Saturday (I don't know if it is the same for Vegas)obut they do a drawing every ten minutes. For Smiths Birthday a while back we got 3 Free things!! Caleb and I also just got our $20 savings in the mail for shopping at Smiths!! We get tons of free pizzas and ice cream and even a free smiths bag. Just keep shopping there and earn your points and always use your coupons!! We love coupons and it is a game for us!! ----My magnets are wrong because candy corns are suppous to be yellow on the bottom and orange in the middle.

familiesarepriceless said...

Supper cool Liz way to go!!!

aubri said...

NICE! I'll have to check out that blog! I'm always one for deals!

Lindsey said...

Amazing!

Annie said...

I suck so bad at coupons, I will totally have to check that out.

Nicole said...

Looks great. I can't wait to give it a try. I was soooo excited on Sunday when my 5 newspapers showed up!!!

Carrie said...

I'm so bummed that I missed the party. My sister is going to call Colette and get some people together...I'm excited. You made a pretty good haul and I can't wait to start!!

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Yay!! I am totally bummed I couldn't make it to the party. Lindsey told me about it and I can't wait to try it!

Laura H said...

Coupons are addictive!! Nice job.

Julie T. said...

Yeah for coupsons!! I am having Colette at my house next week for my coupon party! If anyone wants to come let me know!!

Erin said...

My friend has been telling me about this & I've been doing the same thing. I think it's awesome! PLUS, I love all the Rewards coupons & points stuff that Smith's sends you in the mail every couple of months. It's a great feeling to go into the store with $15 or $20 in free groceries just to start with PLUS coupons. AND I love that the website tells you what is really a good deal in the ads and what's a so-so deal. I'm bad at that especially with meat--I'm clueless what's a good deal or not. Happy shopping!

Jeremy & Chaundra Strickland said...

Wow...good job. I need to get back into the coupon thing. I shop at smiths cause i get back money for shopping there often. Thanks for the link to your friends blog, it's really helpful. Have a good weekend

Christa said...

I'm so jealous! We don't get very many coupons here in Cedar- well, we don't really get any actually- I'm so impressed with your savings- and a party of coupons- whoever thought of such a thing. If you have more- I might need to make a trip down to Vegas for it! Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

seriously so cool! i read the website and still don't get it though...i am already a coupon person but i have never saved that much. help me!! share all your pointers!