Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Girl's Disneyland Trip

In March of this year, Claire and I went to Disneyland with all the women in Jess' family that could go. I believe there were eleven of us all together. We drove down in my parents van so we could all drive together. What should have taken about 4 hours actually took about 7 hours because traffic was horrible. But, we made it and we had a blast!

The first day in Disneyland, Claire and I hit the park with Jess' mom. Apparently booking it through Disneyland to get your moneys worth is considered a Nazi trait. Oh well, all I have to say is that my mother in-law worked it out and didn't complain one bit. I was super proud of her. We hit pretty much everything we wanted to by 1 pm on the first day. After that, we took it easy.

Around 6:30 pm or so, everyone else pooped out except two of Jess' teenage cousins and I. We ended up riding Indiana Jones twice and Thunder Mountain at least four times. It was so nice to be able to book it through without a stroller.

Posted by Picasa


We spent the second day in California Adventure and I did my best to not push anyone. I can't say it was easy, but I tried. Jess' family definitely saw a new side of me on this trip that I'm sure they didn't like much. However, they are way too nice to admit it. :-)

The trip was so much fun though. I think I could go to Disneyland everyday. I know, it might get old, but I am definitely ready to go back already. I missed having my boys there and I kept thinking how much they would have liked the different rides. Claire was afraid of a lot of them so she wasn't nearly as good a partner as the boys would have been.

Oh yeah, the jerk of a mother that I am made Claire go on the Tower of Terror, knowing she would probably be scared. Well, scared is an understatement. Her little hand was trembling in mine the entire time. She couldn't even scream, her body was shaking so bad. Yes, I know, I suck. But seriously, it was the saddest thing ever. It even topped her yelling at me on the Matterhorn, "I told you it was scary! You should have trusted me!" Haha.... Actually, that was just plain funny.

Anyway, the trip was wonderful and I want to go back with my boys as soon as I can.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: