Friday, May 27, 2011

Piano Recital 2011

Maddox had his first piano recital on May 14th and Mason had his third. It is so wonderful to watch them progress so quickly.

Maddox really enjoys piano and begged for about a year before he started lessons to be able to play. I really didn't know if he was capable of starting so young because his little hands are so small, but he's worked it out. When he first started, I could see his little fingers straining to push down the notes when he started at the beginning of the school year. Anyway, I am so proud of his determination and love for it. He really enjoys it. Hopefully, it will stick.



Mason, on the other hand, is a different story. He absolutely hates taking piano and begs to quit on almost a daily basis. I told him to get use to it because he won't quit until he moves out. I know this sounds bad, but if he sucked, I would let him quit. But honestly, it comes so easy for him that I would feel incredible guilt if I let him quit. Besides, kids are forced to learn to read, write, do math, and pretty much everything else for their betterment. What's so wrong with forcing them to learn an instrument?



My boy's piano teacher is really amazing! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond on her recitals. She gets all of the kids a small statue of a famous piano composer. Each year they are able to get a different one. I just think it's such a cute idea.

Posted by Picasa


Anyway, I thought my boys did a wonderful job and I was so proud of them. They of course pick everything apart about their performance, but I'm their mom and my eyes they rock. :-)

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Your boys did great on the piano. I agree to not let them quit. My rule is going to be that they have to know how to play all the hymns and then if they want to quit they can. It is a great way to teach them how to work.

Nicole said...

I'm right there with ya. Braydon wants to quit and there's no way mama's gonna let him. Although, he is taking the summer off.