I can't believe my little Maddox is already 7! He has really grown up in the last year. In the last year he started first grade, started taking piano lessons, played soccer, and played on a flag football team. I have to say, the football boys were more his speed. The first day of practice was about the cutest thing ever. Even though it was flag, these boys were so excited to be there that they were just running around tackling each other and giggling. Maddox was right at home.
Maddox decided he wanted to have a party this year after Claire had hers. He told me he wanted everything to be the same except he didn't want Cinderella there and he didn't want princess music. :-) I thought it was cute that he thought he had to point that out.
My sweet friend Shelly worked out some awesome sport cupcakes for him. Let me just say, they were cheese cake filled cupcakes. Totally to die for! He wanted a sports themed party which worked out perfectly for the music and the cupcakes. Jess made a play list of different well known sport songs like We Are the Champions.
The day couldn't have been windier, which I stressed about the whole week and through all of the set up until the party started. It was then that I realized this wasn't a princess party. This was a party for a 7 year old boy and not one of those kids could have cared less. They downed their food in seconds and then were off screaming, bouncing, and throwing balls everywhere. At one point, I caught all of them inside playing Just Dance to Who Let the Dogs Out. It was hilarious!!
I'm sad that my little Maddox is getting older. He is crazy, energetic, fearless, curious, and loving. He loves to be loved and when he isn't running wild, I get a glimpse of the cute little baby boy that use to cling to us. I will be sad when his baby face is gone.
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY MADDOX!! We love you!
8 years ago



1 comment:
Fun fun fun to see all of these posts. I love your cabinent thingy you got for Christmas!
Post a Comment